Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Redweirdbeard

M4 SBS form 4 question

So I bought a M4 sbs and the transfer paperwork that came with it says that the manufacturer is Beretta.  My dealer says that Beretta owns benelli. Just wonder if this is correct and anyone else that has a M4 sbs and the manufacturer is also listed as Beratta. Thanks    

Well, Beretta owns Benelli for sure. I have found that it is best to use the name on the receiver of the gun.

I agree it's best to have the brand name on the receiver on the documents I don't think it makes a difference so long as the serial number is correct. Only an ahole with nothing else to do would make an issue out of the name not being identical if the serial number matches the NFA documents.

I've used Benelli for my SBS forms.  Companies get bought out but it'd be hard to retroactively change the engraving on your receiver ;)

On 10/4/2019 at 6:04 AM, Redweirdbeard said:

So I bought a M4 sbs and the transfer paperwork that came with it says that the manufacturer is Beretta.  My dealer says that Beretta owns benelli. Just wonder if this is correct and anyone else that has a M4 sbs and the manufacturer is also listed as Beratta. Thanks    

Where did you find a M4 SBS?

it makes no matter who has ownership, the MFG. is still Benelli.

the form asks for the MFG of the gun, not the coincidental ownership of the company.