Which charging handle to get ?

Gmcrigger2007

• 6 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 2:43 AM, kenw111 said:

new benelli m4 is $1540 here in Kentucky.   namely BUDS GUNS

i live in KY and would be glad to bring my M4 to your shop in order for you to do the fitting you need to do!! maybe in exchange you would build my a nice charging handle you can contact me via facebook Teddy Martin

On 10/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, Gmcrigger2007 said:

What s the recommend charging Handle these days for the Benelli m4? I was thinking of getting either the freedom Fighter Tactical 3/4 Steel or the titanium handle. Just looking for something to grasp a little easier.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Checkout BENELLIPARTS.net plenty of 1/2” and 3/4” charging handles coming back in stock soon, currently at coating.

After reading all the reviews and hours of contemplation of which one to buy, I took out my M4, pulled and pulled, and pulled. And cant, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would need to change the charging handle. Maybe it's just me, but I don't struggle in the least with the stock configuration. Works like a champ. Just my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Billster said:

After reading all the reviews and hours of contemplation of which one to buy, I took out my M4, pulled and pulled, and pulled. And cant, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would need to change the charging handle. Maybe it's just me, but I don't struggle in the least with the stock configuration. Works like a champ. Just my opinion. 

12 hours ago, Evolution said:

Yeah, I don't consider that part as a necessary change either. But I'm not a John Wick type operator either.:)

Neither have I.....I’m running the factory piece and I’m happy with it

I’ve read one too many negative things about the aftermarket pieces to even want to change from the factory one.  That and I haven’t ran into a situation where the factory one didn’t do what I needed it to do. 

The CarrierComp one seemed to be the “one” but it’s no longer made.  

This will sound like sacrilege; but I like the new TTI bolt handle better than the Carriercomp one I had. It’s cheap and doesn’t have knurling that can chew up you hand if you’re moving fast. It’s easy to get. I like how the TTI one now locks into place and doesn’t rotate, it’s actually difficult to remove from the bolt. The serrations are biased on certain sides to only provide traction where it’s beneficial. Since the handle is fixed in orientation, it always remains the same. 

5AIi1qR.jpg

TJE9FA9.jpg
ZVKbwdK.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

This will sound like sacrilege; but I like the new TTI bolt handle better than the Carriercomp one I had. It’s cheap and doesn’t have knurling that can chew up you hand if you’re moving fast. It’s easy to get. I like how the TTI one now locks into place and doesn’t rotate, it’s actually difficult to remove from the bolt. The serrations are biased on certain sides to only provide traction where it’s beneficial. Since the handle is fixed in orientation, it always remains the same. 

5AIi1qR.jpg

TJE9FA9.jpg
ZVKbwdK.jpg

I bought the same one and love it after I seen one of your previous post talking about it. It is very secure and has a positive "snap" when pushed in so detent locks in.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Shameless plug… I’d like to throw my offering into the ring, it keeps the weight of the handle at the OEM weight, 12g, while giving a much bigger handle for operating.  Ti handle and stainless steel tang to prevent wear from the detent.  (https://rxarms.com/product/benelli-m4-titanium-steel-tactical-charging-handle/)

the TTI handle weighs 28 grams, although I do admit they have a nice design, at the sacrifice of weight.  The GG&G 3/4” steel weighs around the same.

this year I’ll be offering my design in 4140 hardened steel also.  Estimated to be around 17-18 grams, and same locking design (which is similar to TTI locking).  Probably in June 2022 I will have stock

D58A8FC5-BCE0-4C93-B18E-716EFA00D397.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RxArms said:

Shameless plug… I’d like to throw my offering into the ring, it keeps the weight of the handle at the OEM weight, 12g, while giving a much bigger handle for operating.  Ti handle and stainless steel tang to prevent wear from the detent.  (https://rxarms.com/product/benelli-m4-titanium-steel-tactical-charging-handle/)

the TTI handle weighs 28 grams, although I do admit they have a nice design, at the sacrifice of weight.  The GG&G 3/4” steel weighs around the same.

this year I’ll be offering my design in 4140 hardened steel also.  Estimated to be around 17-18 grams, and same locking design (which is similar to TTI locking).  Probably in June 2022 I will have stock

Can you take a pic or two of this installed  charging handle on the M4 to give a sense of scale/ proportion?

4 hours ago, Dkay67 said:

Can you take a pic or two of this installed  charging handle on the M4 to give a sense of scale/ proportion?

Bit bigger than 0.5”, at 0.55” diameter, long enough to sufficiently clear a bolt release button also. Handle portion itself is 0.99” long.

448C862F-1C7B-4AD6-B9CA-379D3A4B9C5F.jpeg

60350289-999C-4658-8B12-4902B0BD9874.jpeg

95693C14-EB43-4DA2-AD4A-F6DADDEF4FA1.jpeg

EF4616F2-FA3B-4320-A592-FFA960106608.jpeg

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, RxArms said:

This looks like exactly what I want.  I just need to sell the first one I got from you.  It's well made, no doubt about that, but it's just so stubby.

9 hours ago, sniiped said:

This looks like exactly what I want.  I just need to sell the first one I got from you.  It's well made, no doubt about that, but it's just so stubby.

I actually like the first variation I made. Bigger handle, but shorter, take your pick… my focus was weight.. can’t go over 12gram.

4 hours ago, RxArms said:

I actually like the first variation I made. Bigger handle, but shorter, take your pick… my focus was weight.. can’t go over 12gram.

do u have any of the first versions left? i got the second version and would consider getting an older version if available to try it out. 

12 minutes ago, xblax619 said:

do u have any of the first versions left? i got the second version and would consider getting an older version if available to try it out. 

I have a couple left, I wish I would have kept more in hindsight, but I am keeping these ones :/  I have a 1 raw titanium, and 1 Black cerekote.