What fore grip is this?

Skull and Bones

theyre HORRIBLE design!!!!

1. they promote dirt to fly into the piston system

2. their attachment is nutty and junk (read the instructions on attaching them!)

3. theyll chew your fingers up

4.  make you wanna hang yourself taking them off and on to clean the gun more than once!!!

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:55 PM, kenw111 said:

theyre HORRIBLE design!!!!

1. they promote dirt to fly into the piston system

2. their attachment is nutty and junk (read the instructions on attaching them!)

3. theyll chew your fingers up

4.  make you wanna hang yourself taking them off and on to clean the gun more than once!!!

I have had my B&T Benelli fore grip installed for several years and find the quad rail to be very effective, functional, and comfortable. It is an all aluminum construction, far superior to the Sure Fire M-80. You can  install rubber rail inserts along all un-used open areas of the rail making it very comfortable. There are not many options for fore grips for the Benelli M-4. I have found this to be far superior in design in comparison to the Sure Fire M-80 which has rubber along the barrel and the Argo system pistons. I have a previous article on the malfunction that Sure Fire took responsibility for on their poor design regarding my Sure Fire M-80. The extreme heat from the barrel  would disfigure the rubber along the Argo System  causing the pistons to come in contact with the deformed rubber. The weapon would malfunction under rapid fire using Sabo slugs. When I contacted Sure Fire I was told to send M-80 to their research dept. where they took full responsibility for the defective product. They sent me a new M-80 from remaining new old stock. I'm assuming that's one reason among several why Sure Fire stopped production of the M-80. I have cycled  up to 250 Sabo slugs in any given day, rapid fire with the B&T, without 1 malfunction.

814109718_benelliforegrip.jpg.acd298b40937f5f7d9018cc592d07631.jpg

M80-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Benelli has as far as i can tell their own multi rail fore grip. http://www.benellidefence.it/products/m4-185

I have sent an email to benelli Italy regarding where i can buy it but for 2 weeks NO response from them.And i cant find it anywhere.(in the webpage they also have the M4 with enlarged charging handle and bolt release,also seems like they are benelli made,and the buttstock seems like one from the Nova with 5 different lenght adjustments)

Sorry for OT

7 hours ago, bodybuilder said:

I have had my B&T Benelli fore grip installed for several years and find the quad rail to be very effective, functional, and comfortable. It is an all aluminum construction, far superior to the Sure Fire M-80. You can  install rubber rail inserts along all un-used open areas of the rail making it very comfortable. There are not many options for fore grips for the Benelli M-4. I have found this to be far superior in design in comparison to the Sure Fire M-80 which has rubber along the barrel and the Argo system pistons. I have a previous article on the malfunction that Sure Fire took responsibility for on their poor design regarding my Sure Fire M-80. The extreme heat from the barrel  would disfigure the rubber along the Argo System  causing the pistons to come in contact with the deformed rubber. The weapon would malfunction under rapid fire using Sabo slugs. When I contacted Sure Fire I was told to send M-80 to their research dept. where they took full responsibility for the defective product. They sent me a new M-80 from remaining new old stock. I'm assuming that's one reason among several why Sure Fire stopped production of the M-80. I have cycled  up to 250 Sabo slugs in any given day, rapid fire with the B&T, without 1 malfunction.

You talked a lot but said nothing, that fore-end is junk, allows dirt to get into the piston system.  Its "it looks tacticool" piece of pure absolute JUNK

period.

• Downvote 1

that fore-end...allows dirt to get into the piston system.

Where sort of use do you foresee where an amount of dirt sufficient enough to inhibit the dual piston setup of the Benelli M4 is going to be an issue? You are aware that the Benelli M4 will function with only one piston operating*, right?  (*yes, it will still function but slower)

I submit that if one foresees one's self being in such an environment with the need for an extremely reliable long arm then one needs to be packing a for real EBR, e.g. a Steyr AUG.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

1 hour ago, kenw111 said:

You talked a lot but said nothing, that fore-end is junk, allows dirt to get into the piston system.  Its "it looks tacticool" piece of pure absolute JUNK

period.

I was stating my experience between two after market fore ends. I find it interesting that you are so concerned on dirt getting into a piston system that is self cleaning. I certainly don't expect to be wallowing around in a mud hole with my Benelli M-4 any time soon. I have cycled well over two thousand rapid fire rounds without a miss fire with the B&T. Could not cycle 4 rounds rapid fire without a miss fire with Sure Fire M-80 once damage accord. I believe that I am saying a whole lot about something. By the way, how many B&T fore ends have you had mounted on a Benelli M-4??

On 10/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, Schutzhund said:

Benelli has as far as i can tell their own multi rail fore grip. http://www.benellidefence.it/products/m4-185

I have sent an email to benelli Italy regarding where i can buy it but for 2 weeks NO response from them.And i cant find it anywhere.(in the webpage they also have the M4 with enlarged charging handle and bolt release,also seems like they are benelli made,and the buttstock seems like one from the Nova with 5 different lenght adjustments)

Sorry for OT

Interesting, gives me a reason to visit the Benelli Defense booth at SHOT this year.

On 10/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, bodybuilder said:

814109718_benelliforegrip.jpg.acd298b40937f5f7d9018cc592d07631.jpg

M80-1.jpg

Are you sure they stopped making the M-80?  My understanding is Benelli Defense had an exclusive with SureFire and all the M-80's were going on the LE purchased weapons.

2 hours ago, Retired said:

Interesting, gives me a reason to visit the Benelli Defense booth at SHOT this year.

Are you sure they stopped making the M-80?  My understanding is Benelli Defense had an exclusive with SureFire and all the M-80's were going on the LE purchased weapons.

Product Discontinued by Manufacturer

SureFire Benelli M4 Shotgun Picatinny Rail System M80 for SureFire Laser sights flashlights has been discontinued by SureFire and is no longer available.

( This is typically the response you get when you search for the M-80. The above response is from Optics Planet).

When I sent my defective M-80 back to Surefire they told me that the M-80 was discontinued. They sent me a new replacement from new old stock.

4 hours ago, bodybuilder said:

Product Discontinued by Manufacturer

SureFire Benelli M4 Shotgun Picatinny Rail System M80 for SureFire Laser sights flashlights has been discontinued by SureFire and is no longer available.

( This is typically the response you get when you search for the M-80. The above response is from Optics Planet).

When I sent my defective M-80 back to Surefire they told me that the M-80 was discontinued. They sent me a new replacement from new old stock.

Don't know when you sent it back, but for the last two years, Benelli Defense has displayed a M4 with the SureFire fore grip at SHOT show.  The SureFire rep tells me everytime I ask that 100% of production is going to Benelli Defense.

I told him to look at this website to see how popular the foregrip actually is.

I'll see him again in 95 days, it'll be interesting to see what he says (Benelli going with an in-house fore grip may mean the real end of the SureFire M80)

The attached photo was taken in January 2019.

M4 with surefire.jpg

12 minutes ago, Retired said:

Don't know when you sent it back, but for the last two years, Benelli Defense has displayed a M4 with the SureFire fore grip at SHOT show.  The SureFire rep tells me everytime I ask that 100% of production is going to Benelli Defense.

I told him to look at this website to see how popular the foregrip actually is.

I'll see him again in 95 days, it'll be interesting to see what he says (Benelli going with an in-house fore grip may mean the real end of the SureFire M80)

The attached photo was taken in January 2019.

M4 with surefire.jpg

I received my replacement Sure Fire M-80 back  in October 2017. That is interesting that Benelli Defense is still displaying the M-80 based on Sure Fire reps stating to me that the item was discontinued 2 years ago. Based on my experience and my experience only,  I would not recommend M-80 as a fore grip option. Most ranges do not allow Rapid fire. I had no issues with the M-80 while firing my M-4 under standard range rules. I found a range that allows rapid fire. It was at that time I found out the M-4 would not cycle under rapid fire conditions. The cause was 100% due to the failure of the Sure Fire M-80.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, Schutzhund said:

Sorry for OT

I like

On 10/26/2019 at 3:49 PM, StrangerDanger said:

The Strike Industries forend is quite comfortable. However the attachment system sucks with its set screws. Another user said he used black RTV around the handguard retainer and did away with the set screws.  

yep black rtv and no need for set screws but the idea wasn't mine I saw it somewhere else. I sent an email to Stryke to see if the forend was 922r compliant but never got a response.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:02 PM, StrangerDanger said:

Did you do the front and rear of the handguard? The rails are marked Santa Ana CA for the construction.

I didn't even bother to look and see if it said anything so thanks. Yes I did the front and the rear and to be honest I prefer it over the surefire it just feels better in the hand.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, kenw111 said:

who on earth puts a honking EOTECH (i love eotechs, i own 6 of em) on a M4 !?!?!?!?!

UghhhhhhhhhhHHH!!

And what's wrong with an Eotech  on a Benelli???  I've had a Benelli M-3' mounted with an Eotech and currently own my M-4 with an Aimpoint Comp 4. I suppose you would have a negative opinion about that as well. At my age and with failing eyesight , for me it is a very effective tool to be used in a complete black out situation where simply pointing the shotgun at intended target may not be as effective as one may think.

As a new member you seem to be very opinionated and critical of other members weapons platforms. Each individual is going to build his or her weapon as they see fit to serve them. Nobody really cares how many Eotechs or M-4's that you own.  You would be better off sticking to your stenciled paint jobs and sticking them back in the safe where they most likely sit unused.

And once again, I am saying a whole lot about something Pal !!!!!!!  (Looking forward to our next exchange).

• Upvote 1