Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock Sling

usaheadhunter

I am new to the Benelli M4 with Collapsible stock.  What would be the most effective sling and attachment options for this Shotgun?  Would appreciate anyone who has successfully installed a sling on a M4 Collapsible M4 to chime in.  Pictures would be great if you have Quick Release OD rings, etc.  Thinking 2 point sling. Thanks in advance for your help.  usaheadhunter

1229107078_Benellim4117158.jpg.7891e7db7208fd247b3cfa268b6d1b4b.jpg 

bAOPaKF.jpg

This is my favorite setup for a right handed user. Note the connector on the stock is on the ejection port side.

Rear Sling Mount:

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-buttstock-sling-mount-n-slot/

Front Sling Mount:

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/multi-light-benelli-m4-mount-scout/

Sling:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/slings/custom-sling-builders

Since the Ava Tactical weapon Light mount isn't available anymore as shown in the picture, I'd recommend using the IWC light/sling mount. It will work just as well. I like the BlueForceGear padded QD sling with sewn in connectors. They have lots of color options to pick from. I recommend mounting the rear connector on the ejection port side if you're right handed. Having the sling loop to the outside will help control roll. It'll keep the sling from bunching up when shouldering the shotgun. Having the connector on the inside would poke me when I'd have the shotgun slung on my back. Previously I would have issues where the sling would prevent me from getting the stock in to the pocket of my shoulder. With it wrapped to the outside, this isn't an issue anymore.

I started slinging my rifles the same way now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2019 at 7:45 AM, StrangerDanger said:

bAOPaKF.jpg

This is my favorite setup for a right handed user. Note the connector on the stock is on the ejection port side.

Rear Sling Mount:

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-buttstock-sling-mount-n-slot/

Front Sling Mount:

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/multi-light-benelli-m4-mount-scout/

Sling:

Since the Ava Tactical weapon Light mount isn't available anymore as shown in the picture, I'd recommend using the IWC light/sling mount. It will work just as well. I like the BlueForceGear padded QD sling with sewn in connectors. They have lots of color options to pick from. I recommend mounting the rear connector on the ejection port side if you're right handed. Having the sling loop to the outside will help control roll. It'll keep the sling from bunching up when shouldering the shotgun. Having the connector on the inside would poke me when I'd have the shotgun slung on my back. Previously I would have issues where the sling would prevent me from getting the stock in to the pocket of my shoulder. With it wrapped to the outside, this isn't an issue anymore.

@StrangerDanger Did you do the stippling on those factory hand guards?  Do you offer that as a service?  

On 12/17/2019 at 4:47 AM, DailyEDC said:

@StrangerDanger Did you do the stippling on those factory hand guards?  Do you offer that as a service?  

Didn’t see the post. 
That stippling was done by Tango Arms. 
https://www.tangoarms.com/products/benelli-m4-charging-handle

They have a few different options available. The set in the picture was a set of FFT grips sent in. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, StrangerDanger said:

bAOPaKF.jpg

Rear Sling Mount:

Front Sling Mount:

Sling:

This is interesting for sling mounts for a right handed shooter. I have used Blue Force Gear for years and like their slings, but I have always mounted the sling on the left side (cheek side) of the stock for ARs. Just received IWC QD mounts for my M4 with a 3 position stock and was planning on installing the stock mount on the left side. I like to carry the slinged weapon in front across my chest. I haven't noticed an interference with the QD sling mount on the left side of the stock  with ARs, but your idea of the right side is worth trying. Thanks

On 11/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, Sigma05 said:

4F14F521-D9B5-41E7-9DA8-E5DB99FE6E58.thumb.jpeg.1279bb1c7d527849972b58f31988149f.jpeg

I run the IWC front and rear sling points that StrangerDanger mentioned. The difference is that I run a Magpul padded MS1 sling, but I run it exactly the same way he does with the rear attachment on the right side. 

What mag extension is that?  How many can it hold with that one on it?  Thanks

2 hours ago, CobraBG said:

This is interesting for sling mounts for a right handed shooter. I have used Blue Force Gear for years and like their slings, but I have always mounted the sling on the left side (cheek side) of the stock for ARs. Just received IWC QD mounts for my M4 with a 3 position stock and was planning on installing the stock mount on the left side. I like to carry the slinged weapon in front across my chest. I haven't noticed an interference with the QD sling mount on the left side of the stock  with ARs, but your idea of the right side is worth trying. Thanks

Definitely give it a try to see if you like it. It doesn't take much to flip the QD socket if you don't like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I joined this forum today, just so I could respond to this thread.  I received my IWC Multi Light Mount and my QD mount-n-slot sling mount for my Benelli collapsible stock today.  I'm having an issue with the stock mount, because the screws supplied with the mount are too large for the slot.  Also, there is a narrow "shelf" on the mount where it contacts the slot opening; however, it's too wide to fit into the slot.  Before I received the product in the mail, I was talking to IWC's customer service about another issue and they mentioned that Benelli was manufacturing and distributing at least two collapsible stocks having different slot widths and that if I had the narrower one, I would have to enlarge the portion of the slot where the screws went through.  At first, I didn't think much about this, since I'd already placed and paid for the order.  Now that I've seen the mount and decided that to make it fit "properly," I would have to drill the slot for the screws AND make some further modification to either the mount or the buttstock slot so that "ledge" would fit better, I'm not so sure I want to go this route.  I'm curious how both StrangerDanger and Sigma05 dealt with this issue or if they had the wider slot on their buttstocks.

16 hours ago, Eric Lee Hansen said:

I joined this forum today, just so I could respond to this thread.  I received my IWC Multi Light Mount and my QD mount-n-slot sling mount for my Benelli collapsible stock today.  I'm having an issue with the stock mount, because the screws supplied with the mount are too large for the slot.  Also, there is a narrow "shelf" on the mount where it contacts the slot opening; however, it's too wide to fit into the slot.  Before I received the product in the mail, I was talking to IWC's customer service about another issue and they mentioned that Benelli was manufacturing and distributing at least two collapsible stocks having different slot widths and that if I had the narrower one, I would have to enlarge the portion of the slot where the screws went through.  At first, I didn't think much about this, since I'd already placed and paid for the order.  Now that I've seen the mount and decided that to make it fit "properly," I would have to drill the slot for the screws AND make some further modification to either the mount or the buttstock slot so that "ledge" would fit better, I'm not so sure I want to go this route.  I'm curious how both StrangerDanger and Sigma05 dealt with this issue or if they had the wider slot on their buttstocks.

How close is it to fitting through the sling loop? Sometimes it’s tight and I just hit the screw with a hammer to knock it through the slot. Worst case if that is impossible, I’d get a small concave file and open the slot up a little where the screw passes thru. If you care about the cosmetics, a little Alumablack could be applied to the field area to return it to black. 

I don’t pay any attention to the shelf on the IWC mount. 

Originally this IWC part wasn't intended for the Benelli M4 at all. I took a chance on ordering one and saw if it would work for the application. Once that was done, IWC started marketing them for the M4. They could definitely be designed better for a direct fit, but they work pretty good as is. Smaller screws could be used, but bigger is better.

Yeah, the IWC website has photos of their mount installed on other buttstocks, but they only have a "stock" photo of the Benelli collapsible stock without the mount installed.  I think they should mention on their site something about the issues with fitting the mount.  I'll probably suggest this to them after I receive the Inforce light I ordered from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...