Changing ejector plate on H&K SBE

lefty319

Hi folks, I'm a new member to the forum. I was hoping to fine some advice about replacing the ejector plate. My SBE is the early H&K SBE (25 yrs old) low vent rib. Well it wasn't ejecting any mt's at all. On closer inspection I found the extractor was bad, so replaced it and the spring. Test fired didnt help. Then upon investigation,  I realize the ejector plate was completely broken as in missing. Parts will be here Monday.  New ejector plate, spring and  set screws. My question is I know you heat and remove the two set screws, but for the life of me I can't remember how the ejector plate look or faced. Does it only fit one way or not? I cant seem to find any pictures or videos on the net at all. Any help, pictures, guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Also figured since I was replacing springs and such, I have a new recoil spri g on the way too. After reading post on other forums I figured I doing pretty good as this is the first time I've done anything to the gun other than keeping it clean.  25 yrs of duck and goose hunting with heavy loads, laid on the bottom of Lake Erie twice(in the shallows, terrible sling replaced) I'm thinking it's not doing too bad. Thanks  in advance for your help and time.

Remove the 2 metric set screws in the ejector housing (#28 on the schematic), they are loctited in place and may need heat to get loose, then slide the ejector case back out of the barrel extension. Put the new ejector and spring in place in the ejector housing, then slip the ejector parts back into the barrel extension. Tighten the the set screws and you should be good to go.

SBE schematic

On 11/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, remarkable said:

If you would like to PM me, I could surely assist.  There is a pretty good schematic on Midwest gun parts which will assist in setting the direction of the ejector plate.

Thanks Remarkable for the information on the schematic.  They also seem to cheaper on prices plus having a better stock of parts. I believe Midwest will be my go to for parts from now on. Thanks for offer of help greatly appreciated.  The schematic seems to show it perfectly. Thanks again! The parts did come today BTW.

Edited by lefty319

On 11/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, Steve Rose said:

Remove the 2 metric set screws in the ejector housing (#28 on the schematic), they are loctited in place and may need heat to get loose, then slide the ejector case back out of the barrel extension. Put the new ejector and spring in place in the ejector housing, then slip the ejector parts back into the barrel extension. Tighten the the set screws and you should be good to go.

SBE schematic

Thanks Steve, between your post and the schematic, just made life alot easier. Should be a walk in the park to replace the ejector and spring. Should almost be like a new gun with all the springs I've replaced.  Thanks for your response.  I appreciate the help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...