Sei 750 in California needs expert look over

Gary Sei

Hi everyone

i just bought my first Benelli, a Sei 750 and it’s in San Diego at the moment. It’s been standing a while and I don’t know the history. I would really like to have an expert look it over and make an honest appraisal of its state and work needed. Also anyone recommended in California to do the mechanical work. I am relying on you experts to help me. 

Thanks in advance for any advice  

EA1CF144-48AB-459E-9E6E-C7ACC95A7E05.png

Is it 922r compliant?

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.  Gary, your post actually made me smile. ?  Great looking wheels.  I didn't realize they had gone back to making motorcycles.  I just looked at their website.  Back in the day I had one of the first 4 cylinder Honda 750's.  I don't remember the 6-hole Benelli from those days.

Edited by truckcop

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, Gary Sei said:

Hi everyone

i just bought my first Benelli, a Sei 750 and it’s in San Diego at the moment. It’s been standing a while and I don’t know the history. I would really like to have an expert look it over and make an honest appraisal of its state and work needed. Also anyone recommended in California to do the mechanical work. I am relying on you experts to help me. 

Thanks in advance for any advice  

EA1CF144-48AB-459E-9E6E-C7ACC95A7E05.png

pit bike for adults guide

However, Benelli was far more innovative than most people realize; the alternator was installed piggy-back behind the block, years before the Japanese did so. In this case, Honda owes anything to Benelli.

The lightness of the Sei was also striking. The engine is a straight Honda rip-off, but Benelli came up with the idea of putting the alternator behind the block to make the engine slimmer.