Benelli M2 or M4 suitability assessment

blackpowder1

Hello all Around,

In my search for a suitable semiautomatic shotgun for allround multiple purposes I have decided on a Benelli. Having said that, I am still undecided whether to get an M2 or M4. I need to use it for sports, shooting clay pigeons, pest control around my extensive property, occasional hunting, self defence and target practice. That pretty much sums it up. Any comments on the advantages/drawbacks, positive and negative aspects of the two in question? Any opinions out there? 

Your advice is much appreciated !

The M4 would have less recoil I assume and it will do all of the things that listed pretty well. The M2 is inertia driven so that means less parts on the gun, less cleaning and it should be a little lighter in weight but with a little more recoil. I say start with an M4 then get an M2 later if you want one.