WTB: Noveski Limbsaver Adapter Plate

DailyEDC

On 12/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, Scout_21 said:

Limbsaver model: 10403

On 12/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, Scout_21 said:

Why not just get the limbsaver model that already fits benelli stocks?

If it's just a matter of spending a few minutes posting or searching for an adapter plate, then I would prefer to get the Limbsaver in the new Airtech design, just because it's newer.  But if it's hard to locate an adapter plate, then I would get the 10403.  I own both the old design and new Airtech right now and doubt that there is much difference in the two  I've used a pair of tube socks taped to the stock before so..... But I actually didn't even know 10403 was an option because on the Limbsaver website it's listed as for the M1.  Limbsaver is an established company so if it also fits the M4, you would think they would say that on the product description somewhere.  Not only that, but the fact that Noveski created the adapter plate makes me think they wouldn't have done that if there was a Limbsaver that already fit unless they think the new Airtech design is different enough to warrant the adapter plate. 

Limbsaver actually send me an email yesterday telling me they are aware of the discontinued Noveski part and that they are working on a solution.  I wonder why they don't just make an Airtech pad that fits the M4.  You would think with it being a military issue gun that there would be enough demand to justify doing so.

If I don't find an adapter plate after 5 more minutes of searching, I'm going to order the 10403.  Thanks for the heads up on this.

53 minutes ago, jimbo45 said:

Kind off topic but is it that much better than the factory pad?

Yes. It claims it'll reduce perceived recoil by 70%, but in my experience its more like 40%. I have two M4's, so we ran one with the factory pad and one with the Limbsaver. It was faster and more comfortable to shoot the the with the Limbsaver. You can shoot more before your shoulder is sore.

The only negative is the rubber is ind of tacky so it grabs your clothing where as the factory one is smooth and slides over clothing.

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Yes. It claims it'll reduce perceived recoil by 70%, but in my experience its more like 40%. I have two M4's, so we ran one with the factory pad and one with the Limbsaver. It was faster and more comfortable to shoot the the with the Limbsaver. You can shoot more before your shoulder is sore.

The only negative is the rubber is ind of tacky so it grabs your clothing where as the factory one is smooth and slides over clothing.

Thanks maybe Ill order one of these. Are they prefit or do you have to grind them?

No fitting required around the exterior. The only modification needed is drilling a hole the diameter of the receiver extension in the correct location for the extension to poke into. Without the hole, you cannot collapse the stock to the fully closed position.

I use a Forester bit set and work my way up from 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", to 7/8". I do them on a drill press free hand. I have a drill press vise, but it isn't worth the trouble to set up. To locate the hole's position, I install the pad, then I drop a silver Sharpie marker down inside the stock where the receiver extension fits with the cap off. I shake the marker around a little, then remove the buttpad. The marker will have a area marked out to give you an idea of where to start drilling. Usually I'll put a straight edge on the bottom of the buttpad and score a center line over the drill area. This helps me get at least the side to side axis aligned. Once you do the 1/4" hole, you can put the pad back on the stock without the screws and look down inside the receiver extension hole with a light and see if you need to shift one way or another for the subsequent size up. Even if you're off a little, you can hog the hole out one way or another to make it work. The hole diameter isn't super critical for sizing. You just want the clearance so that the receiver extension isn't making contact with the sides of the buttpad and preventing it from functioning.

The Limbsavers pads themselves are hollow inside the pad, so all you're having to do is poke a hole through the polymer base. You do not drill all the way through the buttpad.

• Like 1