Benelli Nova Pump Tactical

Georgian

Hey yall. New here from the great stae of Georgia. Anyway, I'm looking to get my first shotgun this summer, and was thinking about the Nova Tactical. Do any of yall own one of these? If so, what is yall's opinions? They look to be really good shotguns. Thanks for and replies, and God Bless!

I just picked up a "used" nova h20. The main reason I bought it was the low price of 290. Less than one box of shells by previous owner. Basically same gun as nova tactical w/out the option of ghostrings. I just shot it this weekend and it's a nice gun. I have an 870 and an M590A1. All fine pump guns. The nova is worth getting but it will cost you more than an 870 or 590. One thing about the Nova is the stock and receiver are one part, so there's no swapping in parts eg. speedfeed stock, pistol grip etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there, the Nova pupmer tac was my first shotgun I bought for myself. I have the extention and the ghost rings on it. It's a great gun for the price.

I definitely looked around at 870's and mossbergs and winchesters, but with all of the features like the ghost rings the price is unbeatable.

The Nova Tactical is a great shotgun for defense, but you didn't specify what you were going to do with your first shotgun. Are you going to use it for hunting in addition to HD? It isn't a good choice for hunting unless you are going to use slugs exclusively. You can always change the barrel for one more suited for wingshooting or sporting clays, but you will also want to remove the ghost ring rear sight.

Originally posted by HerbG:

... You can always change the barrel for one more suited for wingshooting or sporting clays, but you will also want to remove the ghost ring rear sight.

This is probably a stupid question, but does it work the other way round? That is, will I be able to use a 18.5 barrel with my 12ga 3.5" Nova? (still in the waiting period, so I don't have it or the manual)

The shorter barrel will interchange. However if you get the shorter "Tactical" model barrel it will have a rifle type front sight installed. You would probably want to order a barrel with only the bead front sight unless you plan to add a rear sight to go with the "Tactical" front sight.