M2 drill and tap receiver

tngunlvr

I just bought a new M2 and I want to be able to mount a scope for Turkey hunting. It is not drilled and tapped but according to Benelli some come drilled and tapped. I was looking at the thickness of the top of the receiver and I was wondering if the receiver on the ones that come drilled and tapped is any different because there doesn't look like the aluminum on the top of the receiver on mine is thick enough to drill and tap. Has anyone had an M2 drilled and tapped ? Or would you go with one of the removable mounts such as aimtech or B square?

My concern is that the rcever in that area is pretty thin and it is Aluminum. I am worried about the threads stripping out. Is this an unreasonable concern? I will be shooting 3" magnum shells and would want to be sure that the mount wouldn"t loosen under recoil.