SBE II KICKS LIKE A MULE !!!

Tommy T.

Let me say I love my new SBE II left hand shotgun, but I can't use it because of the massive recoil. This the hardest kicking gun I have ever owned bar none!

I bought it because of all the advertisement Benelli

has put out about the comfertec stock and 48% less recoil.

I even put a limb saver recoil pad on it, after 7 rounds yesterday my shoulder is very sore.

I emailed benelli and ask about a recoil reducer

they said it wouldn't fit sbe II and that I wouldn't need one with the comfertec stock!!

I am very dissapointed that I spent $1325.00 on a gun that kicks worse than my 7mm Magnum

If anyone can tell me something I can try to soften the recoil I would love this gun, if not, I am going to have to sell it and I really hate to do that.

I changed from a Rem 870 Express to a SBE, not a II. The recoil is much less given my measures for 2.75" with full chokes. I haven't shot any 3" or 3.5" but they will recoil regardless!

Benelli uses inertia, not gas, Remington uses gas. If you're using the SBEII there is an optional mercury recoil reducer, may be something to check into, but only for synthethic stocks.

Benelli Accessories

John

[ 10-14-2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Chief 79 ]

I feel your pain... try a vest with an insertable recoil pad such as the PAST system. Several companies make similar vests some with visco elastic inserts. I have gone sofar as to insert a 1/2" thick piece of high density foam such as from a camping mattress into a vest shoulder pocket. If that still is too painful I would look at a gas operated gun. They shoot well personally like the a391 from berretta

I have always shot pump guns and doubles until now, with the SBE II "without" the comfortech, mine is wood.....so "relatively" speaking, I'm very happy with the recoil. I'm only 6'0" and 185lbs and I find it acceptable....I expect to be thumped once I get up to the 3.5s no matter what I shoot.

ps: just read on another post the the recoil reducer will not work on the SBE II.

[ 10-18-2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: EFLOYD ]

• 1 month later...

Will I am 61 just got back from a goose hunt in texes Shot 3.5 Kents 1550fpc with my new Super Black Eagle II Comfortech It is the best gun I have ever used Bare nun. If you are shooting Buck shot exspet a little more push backward try pushing lead from a dead stop to 1200fpc there has to be a rcoil. All so use the right choke it will make a deference. It was like shoting a 410. The Nova is allso a great gun own both of them Best on the Market Never a gam dead Geese & Duck.

[ 11-29-2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: HUNTGEESEFUN ]

I just got my SBEII on wed. the 24th and I have already shot 2 3/4" - 3" from lead to heavy shot. I have shot a box of skeet and a pair of Mergansers. I have shot a lot of shotguns and let me tell you this is the cats meow here. My father has an A5 browning, two days before I got my SBEII he told me he would never buy a new shotgun. He shot three shots from mine and all weekend he talked about getting his new SBEII.

I have recently purchased a SBE ll and am having a gunsmith modify it to reduce recoil & balance the weight properly. He will add recoil reducers to the stock and to the magazine tube which reduce felt recoil and balance the gun at the bolt midarea. Also the barrel will be ported and the forcing cone lengthened. The trigger will have the creep taken out and the pull set at 3 1/2 lbs. I've been shooting shotguns for over 30 years, both O/U & automatics many of them need to be adjusted to the individual shooter. I hope this info may help you so you can keep the gun you like.

Cap't Charles, it's just like a once in a while shooter to come back with a negative comment like that. You started this with your " girl " thing and now aren't you ashamed? It would be nice if the comments that are aired were constructive and of help or direction, not of criticism and demeaning. We need all the support and interest that can be had to save our right to have arms and our freedom to hunt and particapate in shooting games. This Forum ought to be used for the good not the bad and the ugly. If there was a misunderstanding then I apologize, if not I suggest you look in the mirror. Now on to better things and has Tommy T. been able to solve his recoil problem? If not Tommy let us know if we can be of any assistance in helping you. GB

GB- Not ashamed at all, wasn't critical or demeaning.

Dude your clock is wound way too tight, lighten up and get a sense of humor.

"if not I suggest you look in the mirror."

- And I suggest you pull the cleaning rod out of your arse and go buy a sense of humor...

I made the joke because of all the guns I have shot over the years, the SBE II has the least recoil I have ever felt....

Originally posted by Golden Bear:

Cap't Charles, it's just like a once in a while shooter to come back with a negative comment like that. You started this with your " girl " thing and now aren't you ashamed? It would be nice if the comments that are aired were constructive and of help or direction, not of criticism and demeaning. We need all the support and interest that can be had to save our right to have arms and our freedom to hunt and particapate in shooting games. This Forum ought to be used for the good not the bad and the ugly. If there was a misunderstanding then I apologize, if not I suggest you look in the mirror. Now on to better things and has Tommy T. been able to solve his recoil problem? If not Tommy let us know if we can be of any assistance in helping you. GB

Yes GB I have solved the recoil problem

I had the forcing cone lengthened 3" and had my barrel angle ported now my gun is perfect performs flawless an has very little recoil.

Thanks for your concern, I wish more folks were like you this could be a helpful fourm!

I am not a girl or a whimp I am a 50 year old man

who shoots a 7mm magnum on a regular basis,

I was in a wreck and broke my shoulder in 2 places, and have 2 steel pens in my shoulder.

Before I had my sbeII fixed it did kick harder than my 7mm. but now I love my gun.

Due to the smart a**'s on this fourm This will be my last post, I have better things to do with my time.

Tommy T.--- Glad things worked out for you , enjoy your SBE and don't let the attitude of some turn you away. Remember only you can ruin your day by letting others affect it. Looks like CC has a mission to make himself feel important , some people have that need, hope he is very happy being selfcentered. Tommy if in the future I can help you let me know direct to avoid the problem. GB