Sbe2 click

PAwebfoot

Having an issue with my sbe2. Went hunting this morning , pull up on a flock of ducks ....click, eject shell click. Had a very small dimple on primer. Yes bolt is forward and not out of battery. Almost seems like it isn’t hitting firing pin or barely hitting it. Tore bolt assembly apart, pretty clean, everything looks good and same same with trigger. What should I look at or change??? 

Three issues may need to be addressed, without see the gun these could be focus issues:

Firing Pin Spring, tolerance, are you releasing the firing pin when the gun is stored.

Recoil spring, cleanup or spring, is the bolt truly rotating into battery?

Shells  , are you shooting BB's, if so are all of your shells falling freely into the chamber when the barrel is removed from the gun, choke pointing down?  If not you are altering the dynamic energy the rotating bolt, cycling.

Please let me know if I can can further assist.  PM Me if so desired.

8 hours ago, PAwebfoot said:

Shooting 3” 2s and 3s. Recoil tube/spring is clean. Almost seems like hammer doesn’t have enough power to hit firing pin? Maybe I’ll replace pin and spring and go from there

Does the hammer fall with significant force/speed when you take the trigger group out of the gun and hold it in hand for testing?

Was this a one time occurrence? or does it "click" on a majority of shells now?

Edited by Steve Rose

39 minutes ago, Steve Rose said:

Does the hammer fall with significant force/speed when you take the trigger group out of the gun and hold it in hand for testing?

Was this a one time occurrence? or does it "click" on a majority of shells now?

All the time, that’s why I’m leaning toward spring or another part

Shooting 3” 2s and 3s. Recoil tube/spring is clean. Almost seems like hammer doesn’t have enough power to hit firing pin? Maybe I’ll replace pin and spring and go from there.

Great, replace your hammer spring, you can go with OEM Benelli, or Wolff has two spring rates available as well.  If you have removed your recoil so spring I would just replace this as well, your SBE 2 is certainly old enough, I recommend every 5-8 years.  This is a inexpensive part as well, you will be surprised how this well freshen up the cycling effectiveness on your gun.

Let me know if I can help.

I replace most with OEM Benelli springs, depends on the application.  The Wolff OEM and 25% increase are great springs as well.  Midwest Gun Parts has great service, fast. good prices, however they are currently out of stock on the hammer spring.  With that I would go OEM Wolff and purchase them directly from Wolff Spring Co.