Pissed off

George Downs

I own two SBE2 and dropped one and bent the vent rib. Had a dealer send it back and benelli would not repair the rib but wanted to charge me for a new barrel.  This is very disappointing to me and I now will have two for sale. I have bragged on these guns to all my friends and have had three of them buy a SBE2 and 1 bought a SBE3. I will be in line to find another brand of shotgun for my waterfowl hunting. Thanks Benelli!! 

• Downvote 2

Benelli manufactures these firearms. You dinged one up a bit. Are you mad because they don't do free gunsmithing for you? Have you considered that they may not be able to restore it to the same condition it was before you dropped it? What if they tried and it didn't meet your satisfaction? What if they slightly scratched or marred it at all? Some people take thorough pics before they send stuff out and make a big deal about stuff like that. Nothing is stopping you from trying to bend it back yourself or find a gunsmith that is willing to try and fix it.

If I paid $2,000.00 for a scope, if I dropped it and dented the body, I couldn't expect the manufacturer to restore the scope for me for free. Now I know some manufacturers are notorious for having warranties that are over the top. Like for instance if you have a house fire, they will replace your burned up scope if you send it to them. Now that depends on the manufacturer, but I wouldn't expect this kind of warranty/policy from Benelli if that is not their warranty/policy. I get it, you're upset, but I don't see any reason to be upset with Benelli.

• Upvote 1

That was awfully nice of remington... but I can see how benelli wouldn't want the liability of returning a repaired damaged barrel.  They have no idea how the damage occurred and it's a bit much to expect non-destructive testing.  I certainly don't expect a company to fix something I damaged through my own negligence.

George, your expectations of Benelli repairing you barrel was a bit lofty. Please keep in mind Benelli has the best warranty in the business, 10 years, this is unheard of the the gun business.  Secondly their turn around time is near the top.  

Frankly you should thank your dealer for sending it in, especially if they covered shipping.  You have no idea the time that was put into:

Acquiring your firearm

Calling in  the RMA

Disposing your firearm to the repair center

Acquiring your firearm, from Benelli

Disposing your firearm to the gun owner

Nowhere in the warranty does Benelli acknowledge they warranty abuse.  I hope you reconsider your path forward.  These are fantastic shotguns, that are reliable and have exceptional build quality which shows through many years down the road.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Damn some of you sound like benelli reps lol. My experience with benelli customer service is that they don't give a damn what happened. I have a bulged barrel by the choke and they want to sell me a barrel. They are in business to sell products. They aren't like Remington which will practically send you a free barrel to win your customer service. Definitely isn't like my car dealership that will offer me a free carwash after I paid them $1500 for car service. 

I have to say man you can't expect them to fix something that you fucked up thats just not reasonable. Then to go onto the Benelli forum and say you screwed up and were asked to pay for it and because of that you now have two sbe's for sale, I'm curious as to what response you were hoping to get? I had a couple of the screws that hold the rail on my M4 come out and get lost I called Benelli and they sent me some free of charge. The thing is I would have gladly paid for them though but it was nice.