M4 +1 mag extension

sonyman74

First, we need to ask if you have a stock 5 round tube or a 7 round tube. 

If you have the 5 round tube (with the dummy extension), then ATI makes (or used to make) one: A.5.10.2501 Benelli M4 Raven Mag Extension Tube and Cap. Also, Freedom Fighter tactical makes 2 round extensions that replace the dummy extension.

If, like many of us, you have converted over to the 7 round replacement tube (Carrier Comp is the best), then you can get 1, 2, 3... round extensions by Nordic Components.  NOTE: these will not say they are for the M4 but rather the M2.  Don't worry, they will fit once you have the 7 round replacement tube.

3 hours ago, NoTycoon said:

If, like many of us, you have converted over to the 7 round replacement tube (Carrier Comp is the best), then you can get 1, 2, 3... round extensions by Nordic Components.  NOTE: these will not say they are for the M4 but rather the M2.  Don't worry, they will fit once you have the 7 round replacement tube.

That is how I am set-up.  Carrier Comp 7-round tube with a Nordic Components extension to get me to 10+1.  The color match of the NC 3-round extension isn't great, but I'm not running he gun in a beauty contest!  NC website can be a little confusing but if you call them, they are very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I bought this Nordic that says it'd for the 12 Gauge Benelli M1/M2, SBE 1/2/3.  It will not even come close to working on my M4.  It worked great on my SBE II.  Did I order the wrong one.  I see they make one for the Nova/Supernova.  Is that the right one?  Their SKU number is the same on their web site.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.04.35 PM.png

930314013_Capture1.thumb.JPG.80213a47ed45691e2c0eeb1c5dc0f9ab.JPG

Sonyman -

You did indeed purchase the wrong extension nut.  It took a while for me to find this page on the NC site, but if you go to:  https://nordiccomp.com/mxt-fit-guide/ it will give the option to choose the correct length of mag tube and what nut you will need for an M4.  The nut you'll need is the:  12 Gauge Benelli Nova/Supernova, Beretta and CZ Extension Nut.  Ain't it nice how there is no mention of M4 in the description?!!

NC's website has always been difficult to navigate and their current SKUs no longer match what I bought 5 years ago...so it definitely takes some inner Inspector Clousea to find things for the M4.   They no longer sell direct which is also a bummer.

Good luck, Birdog

36 minutes ago, Birdog19 said:

930314013_Capture1.thumb.JPG.80213a47ed45691e2c0eeb1c5dc0f9ab.JPG

Sonyman -

You did indeed purchase the wrong extension nut.  It took a while for me to find this page on the NC site, but if you go to:  https://nordiccomp.com/mxt-fit-guide/ it will give the option to choose the correct length of mag tube and what nut you will need for an M4.  The nut you'll need is the:  12 Gauge Benelli Nova/Supernova, Beretta and CZ Extension Nut.  Ain't it nice how there is no mention of M4 in the description?!!

NC's website has always been difficult to navigate and their current SKUs no longer match what I bought 5 years ago...so it definitely takes some inner Inspector Clousea to find things for the M4.   They no longer sell direct which is also a bummer.

Good luck, Birdog

Birdog19. Thank I called them yesterday and they told me the right one.  I took the one I got and put it on my SBE II.  I just left the spring retaining cap in place to keep it legal for hunting.  I like the way it looks better than the mag cap that has that damn sling stud in it.  The right one will be here tomorrow.