1 1/4" Sling on Standard Stock

GlenM

I just bought a Magpul MS1 padded sling for my standard stock and finding out that the rear sling mount isn't 1 1/4" wide like the front mount. Does anyone have a solution to this or do I have to buy something from GG&G or FFT to make it work. Would really just like to use the Standard stock mount and no extras if possible. If not, did anyone ever try drilling the stock for a Magpul QD Swivel or similar? Is it strong enough?

Thanks,

Glen

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:44 AM, GlenM said:

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

GlenM, did you purchase this QD mount for the rear stock of your M4, and did it work out for you? Thinking of the same, but want to know if the threads are long enough to to mount in stock.

TIA

Edited by mickey d

mickey d; I actually misspoke when I said that I have the QD cup in my M4 stock. I DO have it installed in my 590A1 stock but, I used the NOVESKE replacement sling plate on my M4 that has a QD cup on one side of it.

But as I said, if you opt for the cup, it will work, the threads are long enough. The 590A1 stock has thicker walls than the M4 stock.

I think the sling plate is the better option for the M4 unless you have the collapsable stock. It just takes a little work to replace the OEM plate with the NOVESKE plate.

Sorry for the confusion

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Evolution said:

Well..I just tried to find the QD sling plate on the NOVESKE site and it's not there anymore. I guess they quit making it. Bummer.

Thanks again. I’ll try the Noveske cups, I ordered a set. I’ll checkout the light mount also.

• Upvote 1

It's a tricky job. You have to be patient and careful, but once you do it, it becomes easy. Ive done it a few times. When installing the NOVESKE plate, you just go in reverse order of disassembly.

I could not find SD's tutorial on installing the new plate but I think it's in here somewhere.

Edited by Evolution

• 2 weeks later...

I just went through this bc my S2 Delta has quick release buckles. I ordered a padded MS1 for more comfort and it doesn’t have them. I decided to use the loop adapter (plenty on eBay, didn’t see any on amazon but it was a quick look) with an HK hook. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2020 at 7:33 PM, Evolution said:

You got it! That's the puppy! I see that there is a lead time on the shipping from OP,

I'd try and call them to see if it is indeed still available before I ordered cuz NOVESKE doesn't show it anymore..

Well, I finally received the Noveske QD plate after 2 months of waiting for shipping. Something to do with the Covid BS.

Anyway, I disassembled the stock sling plate assembly and upon installing the QD plate I noticed the hole for the stock retaining Stud/bolt was larger. I had to place a washer behind the QD plate so the stud/bolt would work. Not a problem but wasn’t expecting that.

Overall it worked great.

• Upvote 1

If you ordered from Optics Planet they are known for taking orders with the impression that it is in stock only to delay shipping while they wait to receive the part. It's hit or miss with them. I gotten stuff quickly and waited for months.

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2020 at 3:40 PM, mickey d said:

Well, I finally received the Noveske QD plate after 2 months of waiting for shipping. Something to do with the Covid BS.

Anyway, I disassembled the stock sling plate assembly and upon installing the QD plate I noticed the hole for the stock retaining Stud/bolt was larger. I had to place a washer behind the QD plate so the stud/bolt would work. Not a problem but wasn’t expecting that.

Overall it worked great.

Glad you got one! You mean that the plate was not threaded for the bolt? It was just a hole? IIRC, the ones I have are. The stock retaining bolt threaded into them I'm sure.

13 hours ago, Evolution said:

Glad you got one! You mean that the plate was not threaded for the bolt? It was just a hole? IIRC, the ones I have are. The stock retaining bolt threaded into them I'm sure.

The stock plate is not threaded, the other plate that is shaped like a hammer is threaded. 
The hole in the QD sling plate was about 5/16”, the hole in OEM sling plate is 1/4”