Benelli M4 QD sling mount option for pistol grip stock

Milspec

Some folks have flush mounted QD sling docks into the stock, accessing the work area via the buttpad cavity.  There have also been folks who have installed a QD sling dock plate in place of the existing flat sling loop, however they indicated there was a fair amount of "gunsmithing" type work involved as that part of the firearm is not very service friendly.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noveske made the replacement sling plate. You can still find it on places like Opticsplanet. It’s listed for M1 but it will fit the M4. The trouble is the stock assembly is difficult to disassemble. You need two of those nylock nuts and a Mapp torch with a small tip wand to heat up the thread locker that was used by the factory to assemble the hardware inside the stock. I have one of those tutorial threads here somewhere about how to get it all apart if interested. 

• Like 1

It could probably be done if your sling is long enough. Another option is to bore a hole in the stock and install a QD socket wherever you like. My only concern is wondering how much the stock could hold up to before breaking. I’ve used these before and they held up well in other applications. 
https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-micro-mount/

Is Wright Armory taking the stock apart for plating all those little parts inside it? I’ll swap the sling plate out for you if you want. It only takes about 15 minutes. 

I did not specifically request that they take the stock apart and plate the internals.  So , I'm assuming that they will not.  Honestly, I didn't even think of it.  I plan on getting the collapsible down the road when I relocate.

I did request that they plate everything else though.  Especially the recoil tube/extension.

I’d ask to see if they’ll do it. I’m not sure what their gunsmithing capabilities are. Then if you’re going to get that sling plate, send it to them to get in with the plating batch. The little details are what really sets it apart from the factory H2O. 

I took this guy’s gen2 Magpul UBR apart and had them plate all the internals and screws. I think it came out slick looking. 
744rbuo.jpg

• Like 2

When I call Monday about switching to NP3 I'll ask if they plan on doing the stock internals as well.

I hate to be a pain in the butt customer but hey, this isn't an inexpensive service.

I'll be sending in other parts periodically so I'll just include the QD sling plate in one of those batches.

Worst case scenario when it comes back I'll disassemble the stock and then send in the internals.

I have a tiny pen torch that is good at getting in tight placed and breaking Loctite.

Edited by Milspec

I don't think it was the shipping.  Sometimes they have items in stock, sometimes it's between them ordering.  Often it seems they order certain things after an order is placed.

I've had that happen with mounts, HSGI items and other stuff from them.  Hopefully, they can fill the order.

I do know what you mean though.  Sometimes it takes them 3-7 days just to get in stock items out the door.