Briley MLOK Handguard for M4

rgarc88

On 4/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, joegie said:

haha alright, keep us posted, maybe they'll just want to swap the handguard then.  

So I just stopped by Briley. They took care of me, as expected. I didn’t pay, and any one else dealing with the same issue should just an email. I asked, they’ll just send out an adapter 

Sigma -

Saw this posted under your "My Final Build" thread and had to chuckle.  What's the definition of "final"?  I'd say, It Depends!  Kind'a like, "never say never!"

The set-up looks sweet.  Am curious to hear what you think about the location of your remote tape switch once you get a chance to run it through its paces.  It looks pretty high to me (above the barrel) but without getting a chance to "fondle" it, I merit no opinion! 

How much does that rig weigh fully loaded?  Around 10lbs.?

2 hours ago, joegie said:

seems like they removed the m4 link on their website, I tried emailing them twice and haven't had any luck.  i'll try giving them a call next week if they don't get back to me.

I spoke to Robby Baldridge <[email protected]>

If push comes to shove, let me know if you want me to physically give him or the receptionist your info. You can just PM me.

Its not a problem, I work literally less than 10 minutes away and its on my commute.

35 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Sigma - 

Thanks for the pictures. They help out a bunch with my planning. As Birddog mentioned, the placement of the Surefire tape switch seems a bit high for my thumb to comfortably hit. Maybe you have basketball fingers?

Did you try that spot at the 9 o’clock position?

Gorilla thumbs!

36 minutes ago, rgarc88 said:

I spoke to Robby Baldridge <[email protected]>

If push comes to shove, let me know if you want me to physically give him or the receptionist your info. You can just PM me.

Its not a problem, I work literally less than 10 minutes away and its on my commute.

Thanks, I might email him, what's your name so I can throw it in there so I can tell him who sent me.  

Also do you know what they did exactly to remedy the wiggle?

Edited by joegie

3 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

Sigma -

Saw this posted under your "My Final Build" thread and had to chuckle.  What's the definition of "final"?  I'd say, It Depends!  Kind'a like, "never say never!"

The set-up looks sweet.  Am curious to hear what you think about the location of your remote tape switch once you get a chance to run it through its paces.  It looks pretty high to me (above the barrel) but without getting a chance to "fondle" it, I merit no opinion! 

How much does that rig weigh fully loaded?  Around 10lbs.?

That’s why I started my last post with it’s never done. :D 

The tape switch is there intentionally because I can also reach it if I have to shoot it lefty. I have no problems engaging it there. 

Fully loaded (10 round ghost load) plus the 8 side saddle, it’s at 12 pounds. 

5 minutes ago, Sigma05 said:

That’s why I started my last post with it’s never done. :D 

The tape switch is there intentionally because I can also reach it if I have to shoot it lefty. I have no problems engaging it there. 

Fully loaded (10 round ghost load) plus the 8 side saddle, it’s at 12 pounds. 

Yup, we just keep tinkering until we die.  It's all very good!!

Good to hear you have no problems reaching the tape switch.  So, if you had to shoot lefty, you'd just wrap your right hand over the top and engage with your thumb?  An over-the-top grip like many use with an AR in CQB.  I like your thinking.  You never know when your clearing the house and slicing the pie around a corner when it might be better to do it left handed.  Depends on your house layout.  Come to think of it...that's how I would need to come down the hallway and into the living room.  Thanks for making me think....again!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Birdog19 said:

Yup, we just keep tinkering until we die.  It's all very good!!

Good to hear you have no problems reaching the tape switch.  So, if you had to shoot lefty, you'd just wrap your right hand over the top and engage with your thumb?  An over-the-top grip like many use with an AR in CQB.  I like your thinking.  You never know when your clearing the house and slicing the pie around a corner when it might be better to do it left handed.  Depends on your house layout.  Come to think of it...that's how I would need to come down the hallway and into the living room.  Thanks for making me think....again!

Exactly. I do a lot of shoothouse training and shoot ambidextrous, except under night vision. That’s why I also don’t run the stock fully extended. 

Edited by Sigma05

2 minutes ago, Sigma05 said:

Exactly. I do a lot of shoothouse training and shoot ambidextrous, except under night vision. That’s why I also don’t run the stock fully extended. 

Interesting.  Where do you train?  I'm in the Democratic People's Republic of California (DPRC).

13 hours ago, Sigma05 said:

North Carolina. I have access to the shoothouse at Range 37, The Range Complex and a few others. 

I checked out their website, looks like a great place to train.  My Best Man and his family are all moving from DPRC to N.C.  Two of his adult kids and their families are already settled in Burnsville and Asheville areas and they love it.  They just can't take Cali anymore.., it's bad and getting worse.  Don't worry, they won't bring any of that liberal mindset with them!

8 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

I checked out their website, looks like a great place to train.  My Best Man and his family are all moving from DPRC to N.C.  Two of his adult kids and their families are already settled in Burnsville and Asheville areas and they love it.  They just can't take Cali anymore.., it's bad and getting worse.  Don't worry, they won't bring any of that liberal mindset with them!

I moved from Cali too. I hated it. Was there for work and stayed way too long. Once my son was born that’s when I definitively made my mind up to get out. Didn’t want to raise my child around those clueless people. Every day I’m here in NC, the happier and grateful I am. Best move ever. Unfortunately way too many New Yorkers and Californians are moving here too and messing everything up. Why the hell do they move somewhere just to try to make it the same as where you just moved away from? :( 

Yeah, I think Californians have already screwed up Oregon and I heard Idaho has a "Californians Not Welcome" sign at the border.  Messing up Texas and Arizona too.  Somehow they move away from the politicians and taxes but they take their liberal thinking with them.  A friend of mine owns and operates Frog Lube and he had a beautiful home on Pt Loma in San Diego.  He was at SHOT Show a few years back and the Mayor of Dallas stopped and chatted for a while and convinced them to move to business friendly Tejas.  He's a born and bred SoCal surfer dude but he didn't hesitate to make the move for his business and sanity!  Same with my buddy's son that now lives in NC.  They just can't believe the freedoms and liberties they now have.

Edited by Birdog19
mistake

joegie -

Yeah, as crazy as the DPRC is, when you live in San Dawg, life is pretty sweet.  I remember the first time I landed at North Island on a cross country.  When I popped the canopy I swear it was unreal.  The sun was brighter, the air cleaner and the sky bluer.  That was around 1983 and I still remember it.

Frog Lube was a classmate and roommate of mine at Aviation Officer Candidate school (AOCS) in Pensacola.  He was prior Air Farce Enlisted.  He selected for jets but never received his wings.  Missed it by that much I think, but I'll never understand why.  He ended up being a Frogman and served over 30 years and retired as an O-6; I attended his retirement ceremony on the USS MIDWAY.  A good, smart, intellect, well-read, kind, don't fuck with him, kind'a man.  Also, a surfer dude!

Ya know.  I feel like I high-jacket this post with Corona-boredom talk.  I apologize.

• Like 1

They saying here in Arizona is, “Don’t California my Arizona.”

Cool story about Frog Lube. The last time I tried it, ants invaded my safe to feast on the minty Frog Lube goodness. 

On the Briley front, I decided against buying their rail. After looking at the profile of the rail, I determined I’d likely hate it. With zero contouring up high, it would be like holding on to a big rectangle. It’s really hard to beat the ergonomics of the OEM forearm. Not worth the weight penalty either.

I’ll live with my barrel shadowing for now.