Briley MLOK Handguard for M4

rgarc88

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

They saying here in Arizona is, “Don’t California my Arizona.”

That's perfect!!  I think Nevadans are going to be saying the same, if they aren't already.

Cool story about Frog Lube. The last time I tried it, ants invaded my safe to feast on the minty Frog Lube goodness. 

I've heard of that but never experienced the any invasion.  I used Frog Lube some years ago and went back to oil for some reason.  I'm now stripping my guns of petroleum and going back to Frog Lube.  Most probably know this but I'll say it as a PSA:  If you use both F L and oil, you end up with a gooky, gummy mess that resembles grease.  You need to strip your parts clean with F L degreaser or solvent before applying the end product.

On the Briley front, I decided against buying their rail. After looking at the profile of the rail, I determined I’d likely hate it. With zero contouring up high, it would be like holding on to a big rectangle. It’s really hard to beat the ergonomics of the OEM forearm. Not worth the weight penalty either.

I am pretty much with ya there 100%.  Kept looking at pics and comparing them to my OEM forearm and can't convince myself that I'd like the Briley.  Pretty much for all the reasons you mentioned above.

I’ll live with my barrel shadowing for now. 

Comments Embedded  above.

Edited by Birdog19

I remember thinking this is a lot of work applying the FrogLube. I stripped everything and heated the parts to melt the minty flavored goop into the springs and parts. It worked fine for me, except for the piss ants leaving it stripped of everything but little white granules and the ant conga line into the safe. 

Most probably don’t need 72 mlok attachment points on their M4. I’m pretty sure I could adapt the Hot Button in to the factory handguard. We just need a forward mounted light to take advantage of this. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, skeet said:

Do any forum members have any experience with Performance Shooting HQ?

They're GTG. Actually did a little research and they're part of SMPInvestimenti which is the company that runs Briley's e-commerce. I already got my order from them from when I ordered some stuff back during the 4th.

3 hours ago, skeet said:

Thanks for the feedback, aznwhip.  When I googled the company, the reviews from BBB and FB were not encouraging.  Did you order the Briley handguard from them?

I did, but cancelled that order cause it looked like it wouldn't work with my IWC front sling/scout mount. Going Agency instead. However, I did order a bunch of other stuff from them and received in a week from ordering.

Also, my suspicion is they're simple drop ship distributors. Nothing wrong with that as that's a model used by nearly all OEMs. However as they are basically middleman brokers and don't stock locally, shipping would be at the mercy of the OEM. Not a big deal if not in a rush and gladly take the MSRP discount.

I have an 8" version  I'd sell.  Mostly due to the fact it interferes with my AVA light mount.  I have black magpul type 1 rail covers filled in to it except for the slot that holds a stage saver and the very top mlok and very forward rail sections.  PM me if interested

21 hours ago, Scout_21 said:

I have an 8" version  I'd sell.  Mostly due to the fact it interferes with my AVA light mount.  I have black magpul type 1 rail covers filled in to it except for the slot that holds a stage saver and the very top mlok and very forward rail sections.  PM me if interested

Oh yeah

Just want to say that the 8" handguard doesn't interfere exactly with the IWC multilight mount... You can have both, but depending on what kind of light you have, it might interfere. I had a Surefire X300U on there and it won't fit. I was going to return the handguard, but decided to buy a proper scout light and see if it'll work and throw the x300u on my pistol.

I do like that these semi wrap around the top so helps with barrel heat protection.

Edited by aznwhip

• 2 weeks later...

This is for reference if anyone's curious on clearance. Scout light clears the handguard when mounted on the pic rail, but not straight up scout mount. I've got an angled Arisaka mount coming so I can play around with it a bit more. Still waiting for my Cloud Defensive  LCS mount for UE-07.

IMG_20200806_132240.jpg

IMG_20200806_132251.jpg

IMG_20200806_132322.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...