Briley MLOK Handguard for M4

rgarc88

Great info in this thread, thanks all.

I recently purchased a new M4, but have been lurking here for months to learn as much as possible before starting to mod.  

I am leaning towards the Briley 8" currently for a handguard.   While I have seen discussions here on pretty much all the handguards for the M4, I have not seen any on the B&T.  Outside of this forum, I see quite a few higher end builds using them.  

Anyone have thoughts or experience with the B&T?   Being Swiss made I assume one downfall is it doesn't count towards 922. 

38 minutes ago, RAIII said:

Great info in this thread, thanks all.

I recently purchased a new M4, but have been lurking here for months to learn as much as possible before starting to mod.  

I am leaning towards the Briley 8" currently for a handguard.   While I have seen discussions here on pretty much all the handguards for the M4, I have not seen any on the B&T.  Outside of this forum, I see quite a few higher end builds using them.  

Anyone have thoughts or experience with the B&T?   Being Swiss made I assume one downfall is it doesn't count towards 922. 

Because pic quad rails are soooo 90s

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, aznwhip said:

Because pic quad rails are soooo 90s

LOL!!

That was one of the first things that came to my mind too, but thought I would do a quick check.

@aznwhip  Me and another guy both got M4s together and are going to do builds on them.   I am actually using your M4 as a model for what pretty much what I am going to do (when you had the CF Tube and Briley handguard).

You saying the pic quad rail was sooo 90s made me crack up, when I showed my buddy the pic of your gun he said the CF tube was a little "2 Fast 2 Furious" for him. ?

Edited by RAIII
  • Upvote 1

You'll get that reaction often on the CF tube.... Mostly always from people who don't own M4s so don't understand how heavy a pig she is. CF tube makes a sizeable difference... Especially since its length of weight is wholly supported by your extended offhand. 

Edited by aznwhip
Spelling

On 7/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, aznwhip said:

Performance Shooting HQ has this (and a ton of other Benelli Briley gear) on sale for 15% off with code "summer15off". Free shipping and no tax (although you might get charged tax if in Texas).

https://www.performanceshootinghq.com/brileyhandguards.aspx

Anyone know if they still have any promos going on? Ill call on Monday, but figured someone may know here. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, guys. Will the IWC mount with M600DF fit on the 8" Briley mount? Just ordered everything, but after studying photos, I'm concerned that it won't considering the Briley mount covers the barrel whereas the oem M4 mount tapers to the barrel leaving room for the tailcap.. 

22 minutes ago, Rtk1775 said:

Hey, guys. Will the IWC mount with M600DF fit on the 8" Briley mount? Just ordered everything, but after studying photos, I'm concerned that it won't considering the Briley mount covers the barrel whereas the oem M4 mount tapers to the barrel leaving room for the tailcap.. 

Yes, the 8" handguard will work fine with the iwc mount and an m600. That was my exact setup at one point. You can check out on the Benelli M4 picture thread.

• Like 1

Just now, Rtk1775 said:

Dangit. Now I'm worried it'll sit too far from the gun.. I like everything nice and tight (joke in there somewhere).

Not nubile virgin tight, but not main street corner girl loose either lol 

It's honestly not bad. 

IMG_20200806_132322.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Do you think it would clear if the shroud was removed from the tailcap?

No, it would still hit from my testing. The height provided by the pic rail on the IWC mount and the pic connector on the light are greater than the lip of the cap and remaining gap.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, aznwhip said:

No, it would still hit from my testing. The height provided by the pic rail on the IWC mount and the pic connector on the light are greater than the lip of the cap and remaining gap.

Shoulda asked the same question. Just bought the Rein thinking it may work without the IWC pic rail because it appears to not have a shroud as aggressive as SF.  Perhaps I can get a hold of some longer screws and spacers to keep the light virgin tight to the weapon? Or dremel off a portion of the rail? ? Determined to make it work.