Question on Benelli M4 CA-Compliant C-Stock

RPC

Thanks for the pictures. Weird that it will go in when in the 45 degree angle. You can remove the button by pressing it in slightly while you use a punch to tap out the roll pin that is shown in the photo. 

Can you shine a light into the screw hole in the different positions to see what is obstructing the screw in the properly aligned position? My guess is the spring is obstructing the screw. 

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Thanks for the pictures. Weird that it will go in when in the 45 degree angle. You can remove the button by pressing it in slightly while you use a punch to tap out the roll pin that is shown in the photo. 

Can you shine a light into the screw hole in the different positions to see what is obstructing the screw in the properly aligned position? My guess is the spring is obstructing the screw. 

Thank you for your help.  I shined a light in there and sure enough the spring was blocking the screw because the button was still engaged.  When I pulled back on the C-Stock, it locked into place, the button disengaged, and the spring was out of the way.

Such as simple solution, but sometimes it takes someone else to point you in the right direction. Many thanks.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, PinoyPower said:

Thank you for your help.  I shined a light in there and sure enough the spring was blocking the screw because the button was still engaged.  When I pulled back on the C-Stock, it locked into place, the button disengaged, and the spring was out of the way.

Such as simple solution, but sometimes it takes someone else to point you in the right direction. Many thanks.

Glad you got it worked out and didn’t damage the spring!

• 3 weeks later...

Guys:

Like RPC and PinoyPower I have a CA compliant M1014 with a pinned "c-stock" on an unnotched tube (fixed position skeletonized stock). I am trying to remove the c-stock and replace it with a Mesa Tactical Urbino. I am able to unscrew the pistol grip, but stock won't budge. The screw that keeps the adjustment button from working is unmovable. I've tried removing both retaining pins in the vicinity and no effect. My best guess is thread locker. Does anyone know how to remove this screw or another way to get the stock off? 

-Michael

Screw.jpg

Benelli M1014 Semiautomatic Shotgun.jpeg

16 minutes ago, CA Comp Featureless Human said:

Guys:

Like RPC and PinoyPower I have a CA compliant M1014 with a pinned "c-stock" on an unnotched tube (fixed position skeletonized stock). I am trying to remove the c-stock and replace it with a Mesa Tactical Urbino. I am able to unscrew the pistol grip, but stock won't budge. The screw that keeps the adjustment button from working is unmovable. I've tried removing both retaining pins in the vicinity and no effect. My best guess is thread locker. Does anyone know how to remove this screw or another way to get the stock off? 

-Michael

Screw.jpg

Benelli M1014 Semiautomatic Shotgun.jpeg

Hey CA, sorry to hear of your difficulties. 

I was able to use a 5/64 hex wrench to pull that screw out. Can’t say it was overly difficult to break loose and I don’t recall it having any thread locker on it. 

I will say that I bought my M1014 new last May and had an incredibly easy time removing the factory 5-rd mag tube to replace with a 7-rd tube, so maybe newer issues used less or no thread locker vs. previous releases?

In short, I had no issues removing that bolt from my M1014 neutered c-stock a handful of weeks ago. Maybe a soldering iron to that screw to heat it to a safe temp could help?

Thank you RPC. Tried soldering iron, did not work. I think they used the red loctite which seems unnecessary for such a small fastener, especially since the tube is already unnotched making the stock not adjustable. Anyway, I ended up stripping the screw head, so now have a bigger challenge. Thinking about trying to get some solvent down to the treads then super gluing and allen wrench to the screw head. If anyone has a better idea I am all ears.  

Gluing an Allen key likely won't work. I'd hit the area with a heat gun or a MAPP torch to heat up the screw to break down whatever thread locker was used. You can try one of those easy out bits on the stripped screw head. If that doesn't work, a flat spot can be cut in to the head of the screw so that you can use a flathead.

You should be able to knock out the roll pin that holds the adjustment button in place to be able to remove the stock.

Thank you Stranger! Will try this and let you know how it goes. Do you think the heat from a heat gun or torch will compromise the polymer in the stock near the screw? I am replacing it but would still like to try to keep the old one intact if possible. Also, I am able to remove the roll pin with a punch, but it feels like the screw still needs to be out first to remove the stock. Does this sound correct?

The heat would damage the plastic. I would remove it. You shouldn’t need to remove the buttpad though. There aren’t any plastic parts inside the stock. 

With the stock button removed, it shouldn’t need the screw removed, but I’m not a 100% sure on that one. I think the screw limits the movement of the button. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Piza14 said:

Hey guys I’m also in Cali and was looking for a non adjustable recoil tube. The tube that came on my m4 is a three position. Does anybody have one for sale or know where I can buy one?

Boy I wish there was an easy way to trade my non-notched for your adjustable one...

If you do remove your adjustable, I’d love to take it off your hands (for non-CA ownership, of course).

49 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Send both guns to me and I’ll swap them.

SD- Thank you. You’re a gentleman and a scholar. 

@Piza14- There’s no evidence I’ve seen indicating StrangerDanger isn’t the best in the Benelli business. I’d cover all costs of you- up front- if you’re so inclined.

My non-adjustable recoil tube came factory in my M1014, is less than a year old since purchased new and is entirely unmolested  

Please consider it and IM me if you’re open to exploring this opportunity.  

-Rex

*edited for spelling

Edited by RPC

On 4/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, D'zaster said:

I am able to back the screw out a few turns then it gets tight. Does feel like there's lock tight in there. I just screwed it back in place for the time being until my Urbino stock comes in.

Just a quick follow up. I was able to get the screw out no problem but it was pretty tight coming out. No thread locker observed. Urbino stock fits great. I'll be on the look out for  3 position recoil tube to have the option to switch back in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Piza14 said:

@RPC

I would need both. I apologize. I have seen websites that sell the three position but maybe currently out of stock. But I couldn’t find any non adjustable 

Totally get it. 

Buy SD’s NP3 coated non-adjustable and knock it out, keeping the adjustable tube for application down the road.