Installing a Limbsaver 10403 on a Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

StrangerDanger

The 10810 model is too large. If doing the AirTech, you want the 10807. Problem is you’ll need a Noveske adapter plate which aren’t made anymore. 

The 10403 will fit just fine. It’s the standard pad, not an AirTech. I compared al the models Limbsaver makes, and none of the AirTech models match up with the 10403. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The 10810 model is too large. If doing the AirTech, you want the 10807. Problem is you’ll need a Noveske adapter plate which aren’t made anymore. 

The 10403 will fit just fine. It’s the standard pad, not an AirTech. I compared al the models Limbsaver makes, and none of the AirTech models match up with the 10403. 

Thank you SD. I guess I'll ask the obvious question: do you know if anyone out there is making a homemade version of the adapter plate to allow fitting of the 10807 to the pistol grip, or are we limited to the 10403?

1 hour ago, Lincoln62 said:

Thank you SD. I guess I'll ask the obvious question: do you know if anyone out there is making a homemade version of the adapter plate to allow fitting of the 10807 to the pistol grip, or are we limited to the 10403?

Not that I know of unfortunately. I’ve sent emails to Limbsaver to try to get them to build a model for the M4, but no luck so far. 

On 8/14/2020 at 1:52 PM, Edgedriver77 said:

I just found one on Optics Planet. Not sure if they have any more but worth checking.

Also ordered one from Optics Planet! Been a week. Hopefully it won't take too long. Said 3 - 10 days shipping. Past experience says may be longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to StrangerDanger for this thread. Did my Limbsaver install and really like the outcome. Just a coupe of details. I drilled a small hole first in the new Limbsave stock and followed up with a 1" whole saw bit. I marked the location to drill using a similar technique as SD. Used a marker taped to a wooden dowel going down through the collapsible stock tube. If I did it again I'd probably try one of the suggestions of putting something on the end of the recoil tube such as chalk, grease or marker to transfer the exact drill location. 

I found that when I was ready to mount the new limb saver pad that a couple of internal rubber parts in the Limbsaver were interfering with the end of the recoil tube. The pad would not sit flush. I used a razor knife to remove some of the internal rubber and now the pad does not interfere with the recoil tube when fully retracted. To attach the new Limbsaver pad Instead of using new allen head screws I chose to use phillips head screws. As SD mentions 16mm X .7 pitch are perfect.  

FB844A4B-5DC0-4B99-8DC7-DBDFEC824DAD.jpeg

968057E9-29F6-4747-8C93-D62418FDA948.jpeg

8193ACB4-54C9-4805-A4D8-8D3788842F1E.jpeg

BC8D7FD0-73D6-4BF7-9685-9730A82E8E68.jpeg

4B16B2A8-56BB-4E98-A927-A0716262B8B2.jpeg

A1EA1D44-DC51-471D-BEB7-99683D51CC33.jpeg

F91EE675-007F-4CB3-BEC8-64FE6F4B4816.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad it worked out! You probably didn’t need to go to a full inch diameter for the hole. 7/8” works well as long as you locate it well. You can kind of hog out one way or another with a Forester bit if needed. 

That rubber plug only tends to bump into the receiver extension in the fully collapsed position that most don’t use when firing the shotgun. So generally I leave them in there. 

3 hours ago, Gmcrigger2007 said:

Question for StrangerDanger, I have the field stock on my m4 would the Limbsaver 10403 work for this stock as well ?

I believe so, but you'll need to source longer self tapping screws that the polymer stocks use. You wouldn't need to drill the holes for the receiver extension either.

The ideal option would be to use an Airtech 10817, but you'll need to source a Noveske adapter plate for it.

8kzkTFK.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Stranger Danger, thanks for the info. Just to clarify, if I am installing the Airtech 10807 (or is it 10817?, typo?) on the field stock, the two screw mounting holes do not match up and I will need longer screws and a Noveske adapter plate? Do you have the model number of the plate and where it is available for purchase?

3 hours ago, Panoptikos said:

Stranger Danger, thanks for the info. Just to clarify, if I am installing the Airtech 10807 (or is it 10817?, typo?) on the field stock, the two screw mounting holes do not match up and I will need longer screws and a Noveske adapter plate? Do you have the model number of the plate and where it is available for purchase?

It’s definitely the 10807. The trouble is those adapter plates are really hard to find these days. Noveske made them, but they don’t seem to want to make anymore. 

The 10403 classic is more of a direct bolt on design. Unfortunately there currently isn’t an Airtech model that matches its dimensions. The 10403’s are pretty hard to find these days too.