Installing a Limbsaver 10403 on a Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

StrangerDanger

On 8/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, Orthodoc810 said:

Does anyone know if the Limbsaver AirTech Slip-On fit on the M4 1014 stock? If so, what size do you need to get?

Absolutely, I just did mine today! I too have the M1014 nonadjustable skeleton stock. I used the 10403 

• 7 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 5:42 PM, John Kalla said:

FYI:  screws needed are M4 - .70x16.  Got these at Lowes, model 127167.  Need slightly longer than the stock M4 - .7x12.

Screw.jpg

Those look really fat and short for what I was envisioning. I'm poking around Amazon for .70 x16 in smaller quantities and this pack of 10 is the best I've found. https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Line-9121166-Machine-Phillips-Stainless/dp/B07D5X2YW7/ Before I place the order just wanted 100% confirmation that this is correct. Thanks so much, and thanks to Stranger Danger for the write up. I'm taking a  shotgun class in late March and will be shooting an awful lot of rounds, and this seems like a no-brainer to do to my M4 first.

On 2/5/2024 at 2:41 PM, JustBC said:

Is the Airtech substantially better than the 10403?

I am thinking about getting one for my pistol grip stock. I just found the adapter plate that I bought all those years ago

The Airtech is nicer. It will work on the fixed stocks or if the end user was willing to give up the fully collapsed position since you can’t drill into it and expect it to provide the same recoil mitigation. 

But yeah, they do need an adapter plate like the Noveske one the last I recall. 

On 2/7/2024 at 5:10 PM, StrangerDanger said:

The Airtech is nicer. It will work on the fixed stocks or if the end user was willing to give up the fully collapsed position since you can’t drill into it and expect it to provide the same recoil mitigation. 

But yeah, they do need an adapter plate like the Noveske one the last I recall. 

I installed the Airtech. It really does tame down the recoil.

• Like 1