Questions from a new Benelli M4A1 owner

Dr.Gonzo1983

Hey guys,

My name is Julian and Iam from Germany. PLease excuse incorrect spelling or gramma, if I do so. I recently bought a new Benelli M4A1 and I have some questions:

1. Are the pistons interchangeable to each other when cleaning? I mean can I place the  right one into the left piston channel and the left into the right channel?

2. The bolt head has some kind of defect in one locking lug. Would you send it bach for exchange? Function is okay.

Thanks and greetings!

20200209_210002.jpg

As far as i have searched it should not matter left or right. To me they seem identical but i had a gas system leak on my M4 and from now on i am tediously cheking to put them back exactly where they came from, so i clean one first then assemble it and clean the next one. 

Little OT could you post a picture of your handguard? Does it look like the one here :   http://benellidefence.it/products/m4-185  If so do they sell the handguard as a seperate piece in germany? 

Thank you very much for your reply. What was the cause for your leak and how did you get attention for this problem?

Yeah this is my handguard but they dont sell it seperately. As far as I know, I am supposed to be the only lucky one in Germany who got a M4A1, because it is only sold to officials and one unit found its way to commercial sale. 

Are you from Germany as well?IMG-20200131-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.8e41894fcf5d5d2815e4a13acc2449cb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Wow thats one cool boomstick, 14" barrel as i can see. (is that short barrel legal in germany?) 

I want that kind of handguard so bad but cant find it anywhere who would sell me one :( i even sent a email to benelli but for 3 months no reply from them. 

I am from estonia (or estland like you say in german :)

Here is my thread for the leak problem i hadhttps://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/22119-leaking-gas-block-m4/?tab=comments#comment-149666

On 2/13/2020 at 10:50 PM, StrangerDanger said:

Thanks for posting pictures. Seems the stock has went through some changes since it was first shown a few years ago.

You do not have to worry about piston placement. They're both identical.

The bolt head looks a little rough finish wise, but I imagine it will perform fine. Please post more pictures of the M4A1 if you can!

Yeah I can do that.

Thanks for your replies!

On 2/13/2020 at 10:49 PM, Schutzhund said:

Wow thats one cool boomstick, 14" barrel as i can see. (is that short barrel legal in germany?) 

I want that kind of handguard so bad but cant find it anywhere who would sell me one :( i even sent a email to benelli but for 3 months no reply from them. 

I am from estonia (or estland like you say in german :)

Here is my thread for the leak problem i hadhttps://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/22119-leaking-gas-block-m4/?tab=comments#comment-149666

Yes it is legal in here as it is a shot gun. For semi auto rifles 16.5" is the minimum for sport shooters. Hunters can buy shorter ones.