Shoot or Save?

TorchRedTulsan

After many years of waiting for the stars to align, I'm finally picking up an M4 tomorrow. I found a great deal on one of the limited edition M1014 models. Now I'm beginning to doubt if I should leave it in its pristine "as new" condition or treat it like a shooter and have fun with it. Am I viewing this one with too much reverence? This deal is too good to pass up, so should I just make it a safe queen and keep looking for one to take into the mountains? I'm wanting to add a 7rnd tube and then decide if I want to start swapping/adding all the smaller parts

1556746395_QcokkKFHSXyS9PIsg5nlA_thumb_16f1.jpg.a33a018e7c569eabf41cc5a1971527aa.jpg

13 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Is it 1 of 2500 or part of the recent run? If it is a new run it’ll have a plastic trigger frame and won’t designate in the serial number where in the 1-2500 it was placed. 

Either way, shoot it. 

It was advertised as 1 of 2500. Drove 3 hours to pick it up and learned it's actually part of the new run and not nearly as pristine as described. Was still a great deal and now I can feel better about modifying and shooting it. Going to start with your posts on swapping in a Carrier Comp 7 round tube

10 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Good place to start! Next is replacing that neutered receiver extension with a real deal one. Benelliparts sells them, but they’re kind of involved to replace. 

Unless OP lives in California that is...

16 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Good place to start! Next is replacing that neutered receiver extension with a real deal one. Benelliparts sells them, but they’re kind of involved to replace. 

Can you educate me on the receiver extension? I see your tutorial on how to replace it, but all your photos are showing up for me as blurred with the Photobucket logo covering them, so I can't make out what it is you're working on. Which part is the receiver extension? I looked on Benellieparts.net and didn't see anything by that name.

50 minutes ago, TorchRedTulsan said:

Can you educate me on the receiver extension? I see your tutorial on how to replace it, but all your photos are showing up for me as blurred with the Photobucket logo covering them, so I can't make out what it is you're working on. Which part is the receiver extension? I looked on Benellieparts.net and didn't see anything by that name.

I don't know how to edit a previous post. I think I figured out what the receiver extension is, but what's to be gained by replacing it? I don't have a desire to go to a collapsible stock

Sorry, photobucket screwed up a lot of my pictures. You actually have the collapsible stock already. The receiver extension is just neutered so that it doesn’t actually collapse. Here is a link to the functional receiver extension. You’ll note it has a lot more grooves and flat areas on it than yours. 
https://www.benelliparts.net/store/p21/Benelli_M4_M1014_3_Position_Recoil_%2F_Adjustment_Tube.html