M4 accesories and Q's

Akoni

Howdy folks,

Just found this forum and have done some searching but have really found what I'm looking for.

For the M4, what works best to carry extra shells on the gun? I tried an old universal soft shell holder but it's not universal enough. I'd like to carry at least six extra shells on the gun with minimal to no modification to the gun.

Mag extension. What's the word with these are they legal or not to have on your gun? What about the retractable stock?

TIA

Welcome Akoni,,,,,put what you want on yours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't let those nervous nellies on the stop mod topic sway you,they're afraid someone gonna take'em away,,,please do!!!///////others have put on the Tac Star 6 shot shell holder for the Benelli with success'''''I'm having mine worked on for the three position telescopic mod,,,,,,,,,,,,,heres an example pic of someonelses M1014,,,,,,peace M1014 :cool: 181901.jpg

[ 11-10-2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

M1014,

I heard the Tacstar shell carrier needs some modification to fit the M4, any truth to this? If so, what needs to be done? What about issues with slings?

I've got an EOTech 552 coming for my M4 any day in the mail now.

I was told that the oversized bolt release that GG&G makes will fit the M4. It is expensive though -- a little over a 100 dollars. Would be a great mod though. The oversized charging handle looks good too.

Surefires rail system will likely be the way I go when it is released.

I have the extended feed tube on my M4, but I am not going to do the collapsible stock until I see a final word from Benelli and the BATF about its legality.

-Steve

The first thing I put on my M1014 was a mag extender,legal or not,that was two years ago,the matter of the side saddle is just remove the factory axle bushing pin and install the Tac Star stuff.I too went the G&G route on my M1 Super 90 Tactical,The oversized button is good,but comes loose,the charging bolt handle is good too but not for my M1014,the telescopic 3 position mod is GREAT,it really gives the M1014 alot more versatility,,they did a real good job,,just got mine back ,can't keep my hands off it,,,sick ain't I,,,,,,.Sure hope you get your Benellis soon ,two of them,,very cool ----------take it easy M1014 ;)

look Robin=BIRDDOG,,,,,,,,Batman=M1014 shoud've carried a combat shotgun with a six shell buttcuff,magnums of course,,,,,,,,,while Robin drove that cool car he wouldn't have had so much trouble with those criminals--------especially Catwoman :D :cool: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))M1014(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Personally, I prefer the 3 Gun Gear 8-round side saddle that I bought a month ago. It fits great, looks great, and comes right off of the Velcro base that is adhesively attached to the left side of the receiver.

Interested in the Surefire M80, but no pictures that I'm aware of. Does anyone know what that looks like?

M1014, saw your post about how to get 7+1+1, and I'll try it tonight. But I'm not sure I understand the explanation. I'll review and study when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Akoni:

I tried an old universal soft shell holder but it's not universal enough. I'd like to carry at least six extra shells on the gun with minimal to no modification to the gun.

I'd go for what's right on the mag extensions and get them from here http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliMagExtensions.htm

BTW, here's a pic of the other side of the same M1014 above. The Eotech is shared between my M1014 and other rifles and is an excellent addition.

Stay Safe! :D

M10144me

BenelliM1014Right.jpg

[ 11-27-2004, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: M10144me ]

telescopings stock mods, heatshields,3M heavyduty non slip tape,,,,,,,,just got back into town ,will elaborate later,hint--- the factory M1014/M4 bolt is superior to the after market mods,talk to you later gotta unpack and unwind----M1014)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ;) ,PS Major sling advanement

[ 11-28-2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

the G&G bolt handle is a good product and performs satisfactory,the end that inserts into the bolt is not as true as a factory part,theres a difference in shape that makes a strange type of wear on the aftermarket piece as opposed to the factory piece which is visible in comparison of both items side by side,the point being it takes time some shooting to get that correct conforming wear on the aftermarket piece to form and finally function flawlessly,never no hang ups with the aftermarket item, it also spins around,doesn;t lock in as well as the factory piece,I retain the G&G item on my M1 super 90 Tactical but never on my M1014,that bolt handle is perfect for the job,-----------------I;m definetly considering putting back on my G&G oversize carrier bolt release pad,this time on my M1014,,but there again I have to fix a aftermafket flaw ,thats why I took it off my M1 super 90------peace M1014 :cool:

I haven't found any heat shields made for the M1014. There's a nylon heat shield that I purchased from Bushmaster which is easier to modify than TacStar's shield which is metal. If you decide to go with Bushmaster, they only offer shields for Mossberg & Remington - I selected Mossberg.