Pre Tapped Button for Release

scott brown

No it is not. While it isn't too terribly hard to drill and tap this hole on a drill press, I found the button of this type to be a snag hazard. It sticks out so far from the receiver that it can hang up on clothing rather easily.

buI7MEP.jpg

Here's one from TTI. The button actually pivots from the pin, so the button travels at a slight arc.

Briley's instructions for installation of their pad:

https://www.briley.com/PDFs/Benelli_Franchi_EZ_Lever_Fitting_Instruction.pdf

Edited by StrangerDanger

12 minutes ago, jimbo45 said:

That sticks out way farther than the gg&g. I dont know how it wouldnt hang up on pretty much everything. Shame we cant buy salient arms or agency arms releases they look pretty good.

The Salient bolt release button is the Arredondo part, available from several sources (requires drilling and tapping your gun's bolt release). The Agency Arms looks to be a custom part.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Steve Rose said:

The Salient bolt release button is the Arredondo part, available from several sources (requires drilling and tapping your gun's bolt release). The Agency Arms looks to be a custom part.

Well I did not know that I'll have to look into it. Thanks

What do you folks think about the Taran Tactical bolt release?  This one also requires drilling and tapping.

Also, what is a good source for purchasing a factory bolt release?  This is in case I want to go back to the factory configuration...

I found the TTI one sticks out too far. It doesn’t have any feature to prevent the button from turning if hit hard. The only way to make it better would be to profile the post so that you could control the angle a seat the button pad lower. Perhaps counterbore the bottom of the button. That’s a lot of work and would need a mill. For most, they’d just be better off getting the GG&G model. 

13 hours ago, skeet said:

Also, what is a good source for purchasing a factory bolt release?  This is in case I want to go back to the factory configuration...

If you other from GG&G:

• The price includes a new factory Benelli carrier latch, modified for the new tac pad. You do not have to drill and tap any item in this kit.