WTT Benelli M1 Super 90 14" Barrel for M1 Super 90 18"

Arch Stanton

Wanting trade Benelli M1 Super 90 14" Barrel for 18"or 20" I would prefer it to be a Super 90 M1 barrel so no mods have to be done. Pictures below my barrel is in very good condition and would prefer the same. This is off an HK imported SBS 

Perfect donor barrel for your SBS project 

Email or message with your offer 

Thanks 

fullsizeoutput-340.jpg
fullsizeoutput-33f.jpg

Edited by Arch Stanton

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Arch Stanton  Did you ever have any success with this?  I'm actually looking for an 14" barrel.  But wanted to ask about your barrel, is it threaded or any idea if it is thick enough to thread?  I'm looking to add a SilencerCo Salvo, but needs to be threaded.  Everything I have read, says the walls are too thin at 14".  Honestly, up until this post and other research I wasn't aware Benelli made a 14" barrel.  The fact they are made for LE would assume they might have threading available for various breaching attachments.  Open to any ideas or thoughts. 

15 minutes ago, FJCowboy said:

@Arch Stanton  Did you ever have any success with this?  I'm actually looking for an 14" barrel.  But wanted to ask about your barrel, is it threaded or any idea if it is thick enough to thread?  I'm looking to add a SilencerCo Salvo, but needs to be threaded.  Everything I have read, says the walls are too thin at 14".  Honestly, up until this post and other research I wasn't aware Benelli made a 14" barrel.  The fact they are made for LE would assume they might have threading available for various breaching attachments.  Open to any ideas or thoughts. 

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Benelli-M1-Super-90-14-Barrels/92-1993805/

• Like 1

Factory barrel is too thin for standard choke threading.  Briley MAY be able to thread it for their thin-wall choke system. You'd have to send them the barrel for evaluation and that wouldn't be useful for the Salvo anyway. I had it done for a SBE barrel that had been muzzle-damaged and cut down to 19".  I wanted to have my 14" choked so I had a custom barrel made.  

On 5/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, truckcop said:

Factory barrel is too thin for standard choke threading.  Briley MAY be able to thread it for their thin-wall choke system. You'd have to send them the barrel for evaluation and that wouldn't be useful for the Salvo anyway. I had it done for a SBE barrel that had been muzzle-damaged and cut down to 19".  I wanted to have my 14" choked so I had a custom barrel made.  

Hmm...that is good to know.  I have read Briley can/can't do it, but that may have been dated posts.  I should reach out directly and figure it out for sure.  I emailed with Steve at Rose Action last night and he advised the M1 barrel is too thin.  He said it could be threaded for Tru-Choke, but SilencerCo doesn't make Tru-Choke for the Salvo.  So they are my next email, just to ask the question.  I will be sure and follow up if/when I learn anything of value. 

On 5/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, truckcop said:

Forgot to ask...the thought of having a custom barrel had to come to mind, but wasn't sure where to start.  I did a bit of googling on it and most things I found were custom Trap/Skeet barrels so more in the 30+" range.  Who did you custom 14" barrel and was it a pain?  I assume pricey, but hopefully not too bad.  

1 hour ago, FJCowboy said:

Forgot to ask...the thought of having a custom barrel had to come to mind, but wasn't sure where to start.  I did a bit of googling on it and most things I found were custom Trap/Skeet barrels so more in the 30+" range.  Who did you custom 14" barrel and was it a pain?  I assume pricey, but hopefully not too bad.  

Yeah, this was back in the late 90's.  I initially went to Vang Comp who advertised doing his magic on Benelli barrels but the barrel itself was actually made by GG&G.  I sent them my factory 14" barrel, they fabricated a thicker barrel, threaded it for chokes and attached it to the barrel extension. (as an aside, I requested Benelli threading but they messed it up and threaded it for RemChokes - not that big a deal - I think they were fixated on 870's at the time)  It's my understanding they no longer build barrels.  I can't recall how much I paid.  If I had waited a few years, the FliteControl wads would basically negate the need for chokes.  I now have a cylinder bore choke in it and the Federal Tactical loads with the FliteControl wads pattern tighter than other pattern of choke/ammo that I've tried. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, truckcop said:

Yeah, this was back in the late 90's.  I initially went to Vang Comp who advertised doing his magic on Benelli barrels but the barrel itself was actually made by GG&G.  I sent them my factory 14" barrel, they fabricated a thicker barrel, threaded it for chokes and attached it to the barrel extension. (as an aside, I requested Benelli threading but they messed it up and threaded it for RemChokes - not that big a deal - I think they were fixated on 870's at the time)  It's my understanding they no longer build barrels.  I can't recall how much I paid.  If I had waited a few years, the FliteControl wads would basically negate the need for chokes.  I now have a cylinder bore choke in it and the Federal Tactical loads with the FliteControl wads pattern tighter than other pattern of choke/ammo that I've tried. 

Roger that.  I reached out to Van Comp, so we will see that they come back with.