SBE 3 Turkey Choke/Shot

Get Ready Outdoors

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping.  My SBE 3 came with 5 chokes including the Criochoke Full.  It notes 'no steel shots'. Are we able to use this choke with most turkey loads?  I purchased 3.5inch, 5 Shot, 2oz, 1300fps, lead, Remington Nitro Turkey loads.  I want to be sure I'm good to go or if I need to change my setup.  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Get Ready Outdoors,

I use a full choke with my SBE3 and Winchester Long Beard XRs in #4 3 1/2” . Last Spring I shot both my birds with one shell each, although the first time I used that load at about 20 Yards it broke both legs on the bird from the impact! The second Turkey was taken at about 35 Yards with no issues...hope that helps and happy hunting :)

Here’s a link you might like: https://winchester.com/Blog/2017/03/is-there-a-best-shot-size-for-turkey

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I shoot an M2 with an Indian Creek .665 and Winchester Long Beard XR 6s. Tried multiple loads and out of all of them it's what shot the best out of my gun Problem being is now I can't find it on the shelf anywhere. May try XR 5s and see how they shoot since they seem to be more common to find here in my area.