M4 entry w/ titanium mag tube

jimbo45

I do... Did it to save a bit of weight and have one less component with corrosion issues to worry about... that being said it's still a chunk of change that really doesn't offer much enhanced functionality.  Top notch machining and finishing though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scout_21 said:

I do... Did it to save a bit of weight and have one less component with corrosion issues to worry about... that being said it's still a chunk of change that really doesn't offer much enhanced functionality.  Top notch machining and finishing though.

Thats about what I figured. Thanks

I've got a spreadsheet I call M4 Gunsmithing that has a lot of the upgrades I'm running and some actual gunsmithing ideas that I'm going to get to one day.  After slapping a bunch of stuff on my weapon like a Mesa Tactical 6-round side saddle I started looking at losing weight.  So, my geeky spreadsheet contains the weight of OEM parts and aftermarket add-ons.  The Carrier Comp 7-round Tit mag tube is 5.3 oz, the Nordic Comp 7-round steel tube is 10.5 oz.; about half?  Or, almost 1/3 lb. at the end of the gun.  OBTW, the Mesa Tactical side saddle is 7.0 oz. and replaced it with a Van Comp velcro system which was highly recommended and saved 5.5 oz.

Hope this helps. 

10 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

I've got a spreadsheet I call M4 Gunsmithing that has a lot of the upgrades I'm running and some actual gunsmithing ideas that I'm going to get to one day.  After slapping a bunch of stuff on my weapon like a Mesa Tactical 6-round side saddle I started looking at losing weight.  So, my geeky spreadsheet contains the weight of OEM parts and aftermarket add-ons.  The Carrier Comp 7-round Tit mag tube is 5.3 oz, the Nordic Comp 7-round steel tube is 10.5 oz.; about half?  Or, almost 1/3 lb. at the end of the gun.  OBTW, the Mesa Tactical side saddle is 7.0 oz. and replaced it with a Van Comp velcro system which was highly recommended and saved 5.5 oz.

Hope this helps. 

I was referencing the 5 shot titanium tube for the short barreled m4. I have a full length titanium tube on my standard m4 and its definitely the way to go. Thanks

All the main points are pretty much covered. Weight savings is the main draw. I found the carriercomps interior to be smoother and better finished than the OEM steel tubes. I run my polishing jig down the inside of them anyway and bring them to a near mirror finish. Polishing jig is a fancy name for a shotgun cleaning rod with a fine steel wool patch inside a drill chuck motor.