Benelli M4 bolt colors

Sigfla

I am a little lost on the differences between the H2O models. I know there is the NP3 version which has a coated color matched bolt but I keep seeing guys talk about buying sku#11794 which is the cerakoted H2O model  and it having a black bolt. The pictures I see of guns in the wild are all over the place. I am ordering #11794 but want the color matched bolt not the black one and would rather not have to send it off to get refinished. If its between the all black or the silver gun with black bolt I will just find and all black one. 

13 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

All of the Cerakote painted M4’s come with black bolt carriers. Only the real NP3 plated H2O’s had their bolt carrier groups plated. 

I guess my only option at this point to have a color matched bolt would be to NP3 the bolt after the fact with Wrights Armory? Or do you think I could just have it cerakoted to match the current finish on the guns? 

You could get the bolt carrier painted in Cerakote to match. A good shop would just paint the visible portion of the bolt carrier. No need to paint the back side or the rails. 

Getting it actually NP3 plated would be better performance wise, but it would take longer and be pretty expensive. 

Thanks again. Yeah, I checked Wrights pricing page and I think it was 100 bucks for a bolt. Might be wrong. Its only money right, lol.... I am not in a super hurry. I have enough toys to keep me occupied.  I dunno why I always seem to get an itch for a new toy whenever the crap hits the fan. I might end up just waiting for a used NP3 H2O. I was debating the M4, a Beretta 1301 Tac, Mossberg 930 SPX, or an FN SLP. Each one had its plus and minuses. The M4 just had it all with a healthy and normally in stock group of accessories. The Beretta was #2 but harder to find and from what I read I will wait forever for the Nordic Comp light mount I want. In any case I have never gone wrong going with my first choice anyway and I love my Benellis. 

You’d be served well by any of those shotguns. 

The pricing is deceptive. It’ll give you the price for say doing a bolt carrier group. But the. There are other fees for chemical stripping, gunsmithing hours for disassembling and laser engraving control numbers and so on. If you got out of there for under 250 bucks, I’d be surprised. Then the worst thing happens, you start considering what other parts would benefit from the treatment. 

Then you decide to skip the Cerakote model all together and elect to send a black one in for treatment since used NP3 plated Benelli’s well for a significant premium.