Agency Arms M4 hand guard

No. 6

• 7 months later...

Yup. I actually bought both to see which I'd like best. For my hands, I prefer the Agency over the Briley. Fit and finish are perfect for both though and you can't go wrong with either. There are a couple secondary accessory fitment differences though from a compatibility standpoint.... If you get the Agency, you won't be able to use the Briley CF mag tube and the IWC front Multi light mount won't allow any lights as the top handguard rain extends over the mount. Traded out my CF mag tube for OEM 7+1 and just kept the IWC for the sling and added an Arisaka mlok scout to mount my surefire instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aznwhip said:

Yup. I actually bought both to see which I'd like best. For my hands, I prefer the Agency over the Briley. Fit and finish are perfect for both though and you can't go wrong with either. There are a couple secondary accessory fitment differences though from a compatibility standpoint.... If you get the Agency, you won't be able to use the Briley CF mag tube and the IWC front Multi light mount won't allow any lights as the top handguard rain extends over the mount. Traded out my CF mag tube for OEM 7+1 and just kept the IWC for the sling and added an Arisaka mlok scout to mount my surefire instead.

thank you for the quick response. I actually just ordered the Briley CF mag tube, so i guess it is a deal breaker. I did like the look of the Agency Arms.....now I guess I need to decide if I want the 8 or 13" Briley!

Agency handguard weighs less than Briley. Ideally I wanted to run the lighter weight handguard with the lighter weight CF tube, but not meant to be. Felt weight wise, Briley handguard +CF tube about equal to Agency handguard + OEM tube. I'll eventually get the CC titanium tube though.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, sniiped said:

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

The screws are titanium and I am wondering, if they can be blued like that, can also likely be blackened?  I have done it with stainless screws before and waiting for this to come back into stock somewhere.

You could probably just mask the titanium screws with a sharpie or a drop of plastidip. 

29 minutes ago, sniiped said:

does the agency work with the carrier comp ti tube?

Yes.

Edited by aznwhip

On 11/13/2020 at 7:29 AM, aznwhip said:

Here are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about

magtube.jpg.fb91de92edfc4342d53e8f0a3fbe7753.jpg

Am curious about the bulge in the mag tube being a limiting factor.  The bulge portion of the mag tube screws into the receiver.  The picture on the left above appears to be the muzzle end of the foregrip.  With the mag tube installed with the reinforced (bulge) end against the receiver, does that prevent you from installing the A/A mounting bracket on the receiver end?  My OEM, FFT, CC and Nordic Comp mag tubes all have a reinforced end.

Then again, I could be AFU!

3 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

Am curious about the bulge in the mag tube being a limiting factor.  The bulge portion of the mag tube screws into the receiver.  The picture on the left above appears to be the muzzle end of the foregrip.  With the mag tube installed with the reinforced (bulge) end against the receiver, does that prevent you from installing the A/A mounting bracket on the receiver end?  My OEM, FFT, CC and Nordic Comp mag tubes all have a reinforced end.

Then again, I could be AFU!

Yes, that pic was just to illustrate the point of how tight the tolerance is.... I know the tube bulge is receiver end. Really you'd mainly run into issues if you use something like the Briley CF tube as there's a very minor lip bridging the CF to metal material transition.

63664_1_~2.jpg

Edited by aznwhip

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2020 at 9:29 AM, aznwhip said:

Here are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about

PXL_20201113_152548850.jpg

PXL_20201113_152530856.jpg

PXL_20201113_152607089.jpg

magtube.jpg.fb91de92edfc4342d53e8f0a3fbe7753.jpg

Nice Railscales g10 dragon scales. Have them on an AR15 pistol.

Looking to do the same setup on my benelli m4 when I can find/buy the Agency handguard 

I got an Agency forend finally. First I have to say the packaging and handguard itself are exceptional. The forend feels really really good in the hand. My issue is you seem to have to remove all the screws to get the pistons which is pretty shitty in my opinion. It looks good and feels good but I might just go back to my Hayl rail for ease of maintenance. Of course how often do you really need to anything to the pistons.

50 minutes ago, jimbo45 said:

I got an Agency forend finally. First I have to say the packaging and handguard itself are exceptional. The forend feels really really good in the hand. My issue is you seem to have to remove all the screws to get the pistons which is pretty shitty in my opinion. It looks good and feels good but I might just go back to my Hayl rail for ease of maintenance. Of course how often do you really need to anything to the pistons.

How/where did you get the AA forend?  I've been waiting forever for it. 

If you don't want yours, I'll take it ;)

Edited by PashaF