Preferred load for your M4

No. 6

In my burnt bronze M4, I have the tube full of Hexolite32 steel slugs. It’s my go to gun for the bears here. All the other critters get hosed down with .223 or 9mm.

The NP3 M4 is full of Winchester PDX1 slug and ball rounds. 

Whatever you use, pattern it at a few different ranges so you know how it behaves in that particular gun. Some buckshot like that cheap Remington Express stuff Walmart sells patterns at about 36” in diameter at 40 yards with my Benelli M4 with the factory choke. So firing at a B27 target, maybe 5 out of 9 pellets will hit the human sized silhouette.

17 minutes ago, No. 6 said:

Just found the Winchester PDX1 round yesterday.  Nasty!

A suicide I was involved in used one in a small apartment. The room he was in was absolutely destroyed. He had almost no head left. The skull was gone, like busted coconut shells all over the room mixed with wet cat food that had dried since he wasn’t discovered until about four days later. A serious hazmat clean up was needed since the room had to be gutted to the studs to rehab the rental. The projectiles kept on trucking and were embedded in ceiling.

You could see the perfect holes from the buckshot and the center slug.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, Birdog19 said:

Don't be afraid to trim a few (+) coils off your spring if you decide to go with the Rio Buck.

Thanks! I also tried Federal LE Tactical 00 Buckshot (the Flite-Control stuff) and same issue in terms of only being able to get 6 rounds in the tube. Really liked how it patterned though, so might have to figure out this spring reduction thing.

14 hours ago, DFWSFO said:

Thanks! I also tried Federal LE Tactical 00 Buckshot (the Flite-Control stuff) and same issue in terms of only being able to get 6 rounds in the tube. Really liked how it patterned though, so might have to figure out this spring reduction thing.

I measured three different 2-3/4" 00 Buck shells from three different brands and they all was different lengths.  The regular Remington was the correct size, the Wolf was about 1/8 longer and the Fiocchi was almost 1/4" longer.  Depends if its crimped or if they roll it with the cardboard plug.  With my new mag extension I can get 8 in the mag of the Remington and the Hornady, but only 8 of the others.

Edited by sonyman74