M4 Magpul furniture?

Sigfla

I know there is an adapter plate that allows the Magpul Mossberg stock to be used on the Beretta 1301. It looks amazing setup that way BTW. I am ordering a dedicated shotgun load out rig rather than multi purpose my AR setup. I am curious bc I have to shoot lefty if there were any options for a non pistol grip other than the factory Benelli stock? I love the pistol grip but in terms of reloads it isn't as simple as flipping a straight stock over. I am not sure I would ever go that straight stock route on my M4 but if Magpul had an option I would seriously consider it. I wonder how the M4 would look with Magpul furniture. I currently own a Mossberg 590 SBS PD trade in with an very old beat up speedfeed on it and a 870 Tactical with an ATI setup that I am very close to swapping both out for a Magpul set just for the more convenient reload not having to deal with the pistol grip.  

Anyway I was just thinking about how things are going to work with my gear while I am stuck at home. I will hopefully be able to take a tactical shotgun class in the next 2-3 months if all this virus stuff slows down. If there is one thing I have learned from taking multiple training classes for competition as well as defense its that you can plan ahead all you want but until you use your gear in real life you will never know how it works.

This site has been a great help in giving me things to think about with my setup. While I intend to use ESSTAC 7 round cards I came to realize I also need the ability to quickly access single rounds from my carrier. I finally decided on my setup today and ordered up what I need for a dedicated shotgun chest rig. I should be able to comfortably carry around 54 rounds with 26 being readily available without having to rely on the ESS cards which will ride in M4 pouches. I went budget friendly this time around b/c I jus don't shoot shotguns enough but I hope to change that now that I have the M4 and some of my training buddies are bringing in shotgun oriented instructors.  

The OEM stock is the only standard stock available at this time.

The trouble with adapting an AR15 style stock to the Benelli M4 is the fact that the receiver extension in the Benelli is angled rather than a straight to the rear like on the AR15 series. Not many would be willing to go thru the hassle of removing the receiver extension. The angled receiver extension also changes the sight picture in the various positions. Fully closed, your sight picture is much higher over the receiver vs. fully extended. So if you had a stock that opened straight to the rear, your sights would also need to be modified.

The closest thing would be the Asgard Defense Kriger shotgun which was developed from the Benelli M4.

https://asgarddefense.com/

I have been contemplating designing my own adapter in my 3D printer, similar to what they did with the Beretta. The first step is to find out if there is the space inside the Magpul stock that allows for the M4 extension, and then see if the angle matches that of the available space. Unfortunately I’m too busy with many other things to even start going down that route. 

I know this is a bit off topic, but I am looking for the Benelli M4 Muzzle Brake W/ non Choke Adapter and I see that the Benelli website is "Sold Out".  I have been trying to search the Web for one with no success.  Does anyone know where I may be able to find one?

Edited by Kyuss
adjustment

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, Sigma05 said:

I have been contemplating designing my own adapter in my 3D printer, similar to what they did with the Beretta. The first step is to find out if there is the space inside the Magpul stock that allows for the M4 extension, and then see if the angle matches that of the available space. Unfortunately I’m too busy with many other things to even start going down that route. 

I'd recommend first learning some basic CAD software to design it yourself, and then finding someone local (or a local makerspace) to print it for you. Based on your post two weeks ago, you at least know someone who has access to a cheap color laser printers (and possibly some design experience), so this shouldn't be too difficult for you to complete.

Edited by ReddEyes