The Cost was High, the Product is Great, my M4 Looks FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!

JustPassingBy

In several thraeds there has been talk of me paying an exhorbinate amount of cash for a M4 +2 Magazine Extension on eBay.

Just thought I'd answer any questions.

First off, I'm not high. Nor was I high when I bid on Bill's mag extension. smile.gif

Second off, I'm not crazy. At least not in the clinical sense. Neurotic? Yeah, and maybe even paraonid, but not really crazy!! :cool:

I bid so high because of several reasons.

The first was I didn't wnat to risk waiting for another Benelli M4 extention to come to the market, and be aware of it in time to bid. I don't visit many spots on the internet often. To illustrate this fact, I learned about the Benelli "extension ban" when I received notice in late-December that the shotgun I ordered almost 15 months (in 2004) ago shipped without it. Had I learned of the extension ban back in November 2005 (along with all of you), I believe I could've gotten one for a lot less money.

The morale of this story is being a member of the Benelli forum can save you money!

The second reason I bid high to buy Bill's mag extension is best conveyed by spinning an old R. Crumb line:

"An M4 +2 mag extension will get you through times of no money better ... than money will get you through a time of no M4 +2 mag extensions."
R. Crumb, famed as an underground comix artist, was talking about grass, but the sentiment is valid.

I paid $1100 for my M4 shotgun, which seems to have been a pretty good buy. (I know, for a fact, that the shop honored an old price!) Even if this was not the case, I would have been comfortable spending a significant premium for the extension which was a requirement for me when I ordered the shotgun. Regretably the ext was part of my original order, and was deleted from my order by the Dealer, I guess based on the Benelli announcement.. With 20-20 hindsight, I should've ordered the extension 15

months ago. I'm lucky I can spend a couple of hundred extra dollars, if I really want something.

The third reason was Bill's high positive feedback ratings on eBay, and the tone of Bill's post here on the Benelli board. Contrast Bill's sentiments to that expressed by some of the sharks swimming on this forum yourself (in the thread on the +4 mag extention).

The fourth reason, that impacts all of the first three, was my disgust at how the plug (imitation +2 extension) looked on the M4. And it looks a whole he!! of a lot worse in person!!!

What a piece of crap! It's finish is much darker than the magazine tube itself, not to mention the dorky grooves to let the world know your piece can not be loaded to full capacity. Based on the pictures I had seen, and born out by what I saw in my M4 package, I was very concerned about the finish of the currently available third party products (like the one's offered on Guns America) matching the Benelli finish.

Intending no offense to Jeff Hajjar, who responded quick and courteous to me email, SRM might not be able to match the finish on the version theyre going to bring to market in a couple of months. Easthetics plays a significant role in the guns I purchase.

The Benneli +2 magazine extension looks GREAT!

I REALLY like the way my M4 looks now. The extension I got from Bill is an EXACT match to the magazine's color and finish. I'm poorer ... but HAPPIER.

Another one is available now at eBay if you want to try to snag it. It might be as worthwhile to you, as it was to me. My Benelli M4 will be mine until my heirs get it! I can't imagine having to look at the poorly finshed emasculated extension, every time I looked at my gun. Here's the URL of another benelli ext:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BENELLI-M4-12-GA-TUBE-EXTENSION-BARREL-DISCONTINUED_W0QQitemZ7210028532QQcategoryZ73956QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

NOw, maybe someone can tell me if I need to get a longer spring now that the extension is on the gun? :confused:

ANd is the spring retainer in the magazine an interference fit? The retainer (?? is this the name for the spring steel cap inside the magazine, that the spring bears on) on mine kept the spring in the magazine when I pulled off the wanna-be extenstion and installed the real one. Shoul'dnt the spring and retainer have come out?

And last, but not least, where can I buy a 100 % metal magaizne tube cap? The half-plastic one that comes with the gun has got to go.

Thanks for your time! Please quit thinking so badly about me!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

[ 01-10-2006, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: JustPassingBy ]

Yeah, yeah, you need the longer spring, and ah ah ah I have the only one in the world, yeah that's it. and ah ah I will sell it to you for ah , ah ah $3000.00 yeah.

Sorry , I could not haelp messing with you. Hey I know what you mean I paid WAAAAAYYYYY to much for an original flawless Beretta BM 59 folding stock for my M1A. If you want it and you got the bread, you have he desire and the means, to **** with other peoples jealousy and opinions.

Originally posted by jmikesteen:

Yeah, yeah, you need the longer spring, and ah ah ah I have the only one in the world, yeah that's it. and ah ah I will sell it to you for ah , ah ah $3000.00 yeah.

Sorry , I could not haelp messing with you. Hey I know what you mean I paid WAAAAAYYYYY to much for an original flawless Beretta BM 59 folding stock for my M1A. If you want it and you got the bread, you have he desire and the means, to **** with other peoples jealousy and opinions.

ROTFLMAO!!! ;) ;) ;)

Does anyone want to be that Benelli trashed the extentions they got back form most of their dealers? By summer, I bet the only new extensions on the market will be rollstamped "for military and law enforcement use only'...like all those hi-cap mags built druing the bad years. :(

[ 01-11-2006, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: JustPassingBy ]

Ahhh Ha!!! This must be Larry from Ebay. Kudos to you my friend for smoking me..a novice ebayer at this last minute to snag the mag extension for the m4.....enjoy....however I managed to buy two...a few days later for me and a buddy from another who did not want to rip us off...got em both for $350.

Gonns use the saved dough to mill the recoil tube so my M1014 stock will collpase....

Hey member M1014...you had this done right??? Who did it and how much. Any help is appreciated.

HI miami,

I'm glad you snagged a couple of those "2 SHOT EXTENSION TUBES FOR THE Benelli m4 Limited Edition" ... and are ahppy with them. I saw the ad, and didn't like the wording. I think we'll both be linning up to by the SRM 4-shot extension no matter how much we paid for our extentions, and how well they match the Bennelli finish ... Assuming of course the SRM 4-shot tube goes from the handgirp to the end of the barrel, and the texture and coler of SRM tube matches the shotguns barrel. It will then look like the Marines shotgun and will be alot easier to brake down. :cool:

Since my wallet wo'nt recover by then, I wil have to wait until June or July tho to by one. By summer other purchsaers will tell everyone whether SRM did the job % 100, or didn't. I know they're gonna get the fit right! smile.gif smile.gif

Maybe they'll also do a full-metal plug for the end of the mag. I'll by one fo them even if the color match is off. I hate that piece of plastic on the end of all that metal. :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

[ 01-12-2006, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: JustPassingBy ]

Hi Everybody,

Don't have one of the M4's so I don't have to worry about the M4+2 magazine extension. I do have a HK imported Super 90 M1 in Defense configuration. My seven shot magazine looks just perfect compared to the +2 extension with it's slimmed down "grooves". JustPassingBy is right on when it comes to looks. Of course when it gets down to poor drooling, just look at some of the pictures M1014 has posted smile.gif

Originally posted by JustPassingBy:

I think we'll both be linning up to by the SRM 4-shot extension no matter how much we paid for our extentions, and how well they match the Bennelli finish ... Assuming of course the SRM 4-shot tube goes from the handgirp to the end of the barrel, and the texture and coler of SRM tube matches the shotguns barrel. It will then look like the Marines shotgun and will be alot easier to brake down. :cool:

Me Likey Me Want Bad....yes this will be a very cool accessory!