Padded sling recommendations

Sigfla

I have searched the forums and it appears the Blue Force padded slings and the Magpul MS1 come highly recommended. I own a couple of non padded Magpuls and lately I have been using S2Delta. Each has its strong and weak points. The S2 is great but with a heavy gun at the end of the day you are wanting some padding or a softer sling. Are there any other recommended slings people are using? I saw the Vickers M249 versions but wasn’t sure how bulky they might be. Right now I am leaning toward the MS1 but I am still deciding. 

1 hour ago, Sigma05 said:

I’m running the Magpul padded and love it. I run the rear attachment point on opposite side. Someone recommended to me to run it like that and he was right. Doesn’t get in the way when reloading. 

1C3DE52B-3539-4AAC-B868-3236FBBC4CB1.jpeg

I have always wondered what the philosophy was behind running the rear on the opposite side. I have tried both and just found that way more comfy when shouldering but could have easily gone the other way with more slack or a softer strap. 

30 minutes ago, Sigfla said:

I have always wondered what the philosophy was behind running the rear on the opposite side. I have tried both and just found that way more comfy when shouldering but could have easily gone the other way with more slack or a softer strap. 

No clue what the philosophy behind it. Just know it works great. :D 

I'm a fan of the padded version of the Magpul MS1 and run them on both of my SG's. I bought a BFG sling and did not like it. I found it to be a very stiff and abrasive material to the skin.

As far as pinning it to the opposite side of the buttstock, it's very simple. If you run the rear on the same side as the front in 2 point mode slung across your body, the buttstock will roll away from your chest instead of holding it close and flat against your body.

Edited by Evolution
  • Upvote 1

I use the padded BlueForceGear QD slings with sewn in connectors. Connecting to the opposite side provides a lot of benefits. It helps control how much the shotgun can roll away from your body when you’re hands off. When slung down the front of your chest, and you’re hands off, there is a lot less rotation of the shotgun since the shotgun is being held against your chest vs. the sling having a 9 pound shotgun attached to the shotgun and which wants to pivot where it connects. Connecting to the outside prevents the sling from bunching up between your chest and the stock which can prevent you from shouldering the stock in the pocket. 

• Upvote 1