New M4 owner

Raptor J

Hello ALL. I just purchased the best combat shotgun available. M4 (M1014) and glad to be part of this group. Unfortunately this is a 922R question. I have done some research but there are too many contradicting answers out there. The only true upgrade I want to do is the full length CC 7 round tube. As much as I think this regulation is absolutely stupid and I would probably never have problems with not complying , am I correct on having to replace a total of 3 factory Benelli parts and replacing those 3 with US made to keep it compliant? Here is my plan... the CC full length titanium tube with follower and spring (spring doesn't count) would count as 2. Then by replacing the forend (FFT forend) that would make 3. Would this combo make it compliant? The M1014 I purchased obviously has the fixed skeleton stock. I know there is great knowledge here... thanks

31 minutes ago, Raptor J said:

Hello ALL. I just purchased the best combat shotgun available. M4 (M1014) and glad to be part of this group. Unfortunately this is a 922R question. I have done some research but there are too many contradicting answers out there. The only true upgrade I want to do is the full length CC 7 round tube. As much as I think this regulation is absolutely stupid and I would probably never have problems with not complying , am I correct on having to replace a total of 3 factory Benelli parts and replacing those 3 with US made to keep it compliant? Here is my plan... the CC full length titanium tube with follower and spring (spring doesn't count) would count as 2. Then by replacing the forend (FFT forend) that would make 3. Would this combo make it compliant? The M1014 I purchased obviously has the fixed skeleton stock. I know there is great knowledge here... thanks

Welcome to the club! Here's the best FAQ on it: https://freedomfightertactical.com/pages/922r-faq

• Upvote 1

Since you have the collapsible stock, it counts against you for two imported parts. It doesn't matter if it is functional or not. So to be 922 compliant, you would need four US made parts. The carrercomp magazine tube and follower will count for two parts. The FFT handguard will count for the third. You will need to pick a fourth though. Your options are an A&S trigger frame, hammer, disconnector, or trigger.

Another option is to sell the collapsible stock for a premium and install one of the other OEM stocks or one of the aftermarket ones. An aftermarket one would count as a US made part. Use of the OEM field stock would eliminate the evil pistol grip, which would make using the full length magazine tube within compliance. Basically swapping one evil feature for another.

22 hours ago, Raptor J said:

If you sell stock .Ebay it .There bringing close to $700 these days 

I don't doubt it. From the research I've done it seems the risk is low to non-existent. That said, the ATF is not something I want to mess with. If I can be certain I'll be clear of trouble by spending a little bit of cash to make the gun completely legal and not have it in the back of my mind all the time, I'm going to do the upgrades. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Raptor, I'm in the market for an adjustable stock. I just bought my M4 last night so it's still NIB and I'd willing to trade stocks plus $$ if you're open to it!

Clack, I appreciate the offer.. but I specifically bought the 1014 model because of that stock... even if it isn’t actually collapsible without modification.

The more I think about this regulation the more aggravated it makes me. I’m know preaching to the choir here on a old topic but, you really mean to tell me that in order for me to have 2 extra rounds in the tube that I have to modify a perfect imported weapon that was almost $2,100 out the door?? Like some agent is going to inspect my shotgun and be like... “ oh, he’s legal... he also put a forend and trigger guard on it, it’s less dangerous”?!

Benelli would be happy to sell you a model with all the evil features. Unfortunately too many people vote Democrat and they threw a bunch of feel good useless laws in the way. Then you have a bunch of cuck Republicans that go along with their crap. 

Don’t think too much about having to buy parts just to get the features you want. Think more along the lines that you’re upgrading your bad ass shotgun. If my M4 came with a full length OEM steel mag tube, I’d be buying a Carriercomp anyway for the other benefits. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

If my M4 came with a full length OEM steel mag tube, I’d be buying a Carriercomp anyway for the other benefits. 

Hey Stranger, I'm curious what other benefits you are referring to? Is it just the weight savings (about 5 oz I think)? I have the OEM full length steel tube on mine and have added a Wolff spring and GG&G follower. It runs well. If it's just the weight savings, I'm not sure if for me the money (about $200) is worth it. Of course that's just my opinion. Sorry if this is a little off topic.

1 hour ago, CobraBG said:

Hey Stranger, I'm curious what other benefits you are referring to? Is it just the weight savings (about 5 oz I think)? I have the OEM full length steel tube on mine and have added a Wolff spring and GG&G follower. It runs well. If it's just the weight savings, I'm not sure if for me the money (about $200) is worth it. Of course that's just my opinion. Sorry if this is a little off topic.

Mainly the weight savings. 5.5 ounces is a significant amount of weight off the front end of a shotgun. I've paid a lot more than that cutting grams off of builds sadly. The color match on the carriercomp is better than the oem or any other aftermarket tube. There are no real benefits to any specific follower other than being a 922 compliant part. The magazine spring supplied by carriercomp/wolff is considered the best out there. I have about 10k rounds on one of mine without any signs of being worn out over the past decade or so.

• Like 1