M4 Picture Thread

DFWSFO

1 hour ago, rubicon20032003 said:

What mount you use to mount to agency?

The light is a SureFire Dual Fuel Scout Light Pro .It comes with its own mount1535122526_61koZJCnYL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.7f0875540480f68ad4a548ce59e1320a.jpg

• SureFire Low-Profile Mount (LPM) greatly enhances versatility, allowing the user to mount the Dual Fuel Scout Light Pro in the optimal position on any MIL-STD-1913 or M-LOK rail
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:42 PM, daveholl said:

The light is a SureFire Dual Fuel Scout Light Pro .It comes with its own mount1535122526_61koZJCnYL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.7f0875540480f68ad4a548ce59e1320a.jpg

• SureFire Low-Profile Mount (LPM) greatly enhances versatility, allowing the user to mount the Dual Fuel Scout Light Pro in the optimal position on any MIL-STD-1913 or M-LOK rail

That 1500 lumen light with swivel mount is gangster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, aznwhip said:

No concern about barrel heat and cable contact?

Never really thought about it before and so far haven't had any issues, but am a bit concerned now that you bring it up. I'll have to play around with the routing / see if I can have it go under the rail instead of in between the barrel/mag tube.

First time post from a new member. Been reading this forum a lot for about a year and have appreciated the knowledge. So here is mine. I know it’s really plain and stock but I love it. Found it at a local pawn shop last year for 1k$ out the door used. I have shot it a lot and it has been 100% reliable with all manner of 2 3/4 shells I have put thru it. Everyone who has shot it absolutely loves it. My only complaint was the length of pull on the factory stock was too long for me. Snagged the Mesa Urbino when they were on sale for like 40$ and I absolutely love the ergonomics. I do wish it installed as securely as the factory stock though although it hasn’t came loose over some pretty hard use over the last year  391DDCAD-B548-4151-8FF1-A39C78CBD15D.thumb.jpeg.be6689ac99dda6b862e8a57490b6a079.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually a H2O, just externally painted in FDE Cerakote. This M4 is set up for a leftie. Only the visible areas of the bolt carrier are painted in FDE, everything else is Np3 plated.

One cool feature is the RMR spacer that is a 10mm spacer. This raises the RMR up enough to use the optic in the middle position of the collapsible stock comfortably. The spacers come from Reptillia in a few different heights. I had to grind the screws down to make them the correct length to fit the Scalarworks Sync mount.

izX4ZBl.jpg

jdUWYmI.jpg
4xStcdH.jpg

V45hKN4.jpg
63Tg8am.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

I think so. I haven’t used one yet though. At a certain point, you might as well just stick with the traditional top rail and pick a height rail you think would work. 

The 10mm riser works great for the middle position. The middle position is a little small for me personally, so I felt scrunched up behind it. Fully extended fits my body type better. 

For sizing the screws, I run the screw all the way thru a thread checker plate. Then I use a belt sander to grind the screw down to the desired length. The plate gives you something to hold onto and keep yourself from burning your fingers. 

Really appreciate all of the useful knowledge on this forum. It helped me lock on to the 11715 model. I waited almost a year to grab one at msrp.

My M4 is currently equipped with the IWC mounts and Surefire M600DF. Just patiently waiting for a good deal on a T-2 and I think she'll be done. 

20210915_112225.jpg

• Upvote 2

m1014.jpg

My new ones. No issues with QC or anything. Noticed subtle hardware updates on the new 2021 made ones. The handguards are now reinforced.

Going to cut my own magazine tubes next month and waiting on my 5-position recoil tube to come in. Not sure when my Aimpint ACRO P-2 is coming in but already have the mount.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Doge said:

m1014.jpg

My new ones. No issues with QC or anything. Noticed subtle hardware updates on the new 2021 made ones. The handguards are now reinforced.

Going to cut my own magazine tubes next month and waiting on my 5-position recoil tube to come in. Not sure when my Aimpint ACRO P-2 is coming in but already have the mount.

Handguards reinforced? Other?