M4 Picture Thread

DFWSFO

1 hour ago, Doge said:

m1014.jpg

My new ones. No issues with QC or anything. Noticed subtle hardware updates on the new 2021 made ones. The handguards are now reinforced.

Going to cut my own magazine tubes next month and waiting on my 5-position recoil tube to come in. Not sure when my Aimpint ACRO P-2 is coming in but already have the mount.

What mount are you using for the Acro?

This one:  https://aimpoint.us/acro-mount-for-weaver-picatinny-rail-22-mm/

Edited by Milspec

5 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

Handguards reinforced? Other?

Wait scratch that on the handguards. I was mistaken.

• Carrier tip isn't squared off anymore. It is like the Ethos now.
  • Circlip on the recoil tube is a different shape now.
  • Bolt head is lasered differently.

8 hours ago, Milspec said:

Do you think you’ll still have some level of co witness?

I’ve been leaning towards the T-2 but the idea of the Acro P-2 is intriguing. I already plan on picking one up for something else.

Haha same here. Just waiting for a deal on a T-2 in the $500 range. May give the P-2 a try if I find one of those first, though. 

2 hours ago, Milspec said:

If you find a T-2 in the $500 range let me know where. 

Euro optic is the cheapest I've been able to find so far. With LE/MIL discount, it's about $639. Just going by some of the reddit posts, deals with the T-2 pop from time to time in the 500-600 range. Hoping to find one of those deals as we close in on the holiday season... or a P-2 after seeing some reviews.

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, Doge said:

m1014.jpg

My new ones. No issues with QC or anything. Noticed subtle hardware updates on the new 2021 made ones. The handguards are now reinforced.

Going to cut my own magazine tubes next month and waiting on my 5-position recoil tube to come in. Not sure when my Aimpint ACRO P-2 is coming in but already have the mount.

What optic is on the top one? Sorry if it’s already been mentioned

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, BK02 said:

Is it actually plastic or does the pictures online just make it look that way

In the pic, what you’re seeing is actually a rubber cover, but yes the scope is made of fiberglass reinforced nylon. The same as the optic that comes stock on the H&K G36.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sigma05 said:

In the pic, what you’re seeing is actually a rubber cover, but yes the scope is made of fiberglass reinforced nylon. The same as the optic that comes stock on the H&K G36.

That’s cool, didn’t see that in my brief research which kind of ended when I read that it was in fact made of a strong type of plastic.

• Upvote 1

It is a very specific use case optic that has now been outpaced by the current offerings. I wouldn't recommend anybody to purchase it unless they are collectors. It goes really well with PDW type weapons because it weighs like nothing and has no protruding turrets snag-less profile for concealment. Aimpoint T-2 is cheaper and better nowadays.

The Bundeswehr still issues them out on the G27.

image.png.fa662f89ebeca2d21cf0121c210199e0.png

image.png.52f82b631431e364244ed3326eb8157e.png 

The reason I chose the RSA was because I already had one that used to be on my H&K UMP. The second reason is that it has an incorporated quick release mount, so if it fails, I can just dump it and run the irons. Light as hell too. I’ve run it through many shotgun classes with zero issues. 

Edited by Sigma05

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 12:52 AM, BK02 said:

That’s cool, didn’t see that in my brief research which kind of ended when I read that it was in fact made of a strong type of plastic.

I’ve owned several RSA’s over the years they have held up very well. True they are made of carbon composite & titanium vs aluminum but will take abuse. They were originally part of the German IdZ program. It has a few points over aimpoint . no POA shift when using a cowitness , solar backup and it’s extremely light. The AP is aluminum, has aftermarket support and is less complicated. They both are combat tested, both have battery life in the years and both are well made. Can’t go wrong with either.

47D3BC38-5F47-442A-9625-B4696AEC684F.thumb.jpeg.38d8bacf5afb22b549c30d2135d1f0f0.jpegAF103028-6CB7-4F03-9230-1EDA3730E01F.thumb.jpeg.fd1ae470c0a8a13d2ccbf806cebb2373.jpeg673F4609-0239-4DC3-B556-237A25B23C5C.thumb.jpeg.de6c8722ba281020b442942d231772fc.jpegF732E017-E5C1-434A-BB1A-C67E63070D4F.thumb.jpeg.10d4e7829217207de49e83cb9bc5989e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1