M4 Picture Thread

DFWSFO

32 minutes ago, PhiQuanTu said:

Bought an H2O with 7-round mag but they sent me the 5-round version. Just after I upgraded to 7-round tube, I saw a brand new, old-stock with factory 7-round mag.

31D98870-FDB0-4CFC-AA5C-39774D80E8A1.jpeg

it looks like that one on the right appears to be a “real” H2O, an np3 version and not the ceracote version that benelli tried to pawn off as H2Os. i should of gotten when we had the chance. and i know i can still but i’m not paying the crazy price people are asking. 

Edited by xblax619
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, xblax619 said:

it looks like that one on the right appears to be a “real” H2O, an np3 version and not the ceracote version that benelli tried to pawn off as H2Os. i should of gotten when we had the chance. and i know i can still but i’m not paying the crazy price people are asking. 

Honestly I didn’t know about the “NP3” thing until I realized the later purchase has different bolt color. It was sold as a 11707 model, which was labeled as such on the box. But I also see faded/covered-up code that says 11711 (didn’t know about this model until I looked up np3 variance). Could this be 11711 then rebadged to 11707 to become compliant? 

76CADD59-9312-460B-A194-5E0972D8A62A.jpeg

6 hours ago, PhiQuanTu said:

Honestly I didn’t know about the “NP3” thing until I realized the later purchase has different bolt color. It was sold as a 11707 model, which was labeled as such on the box. But I also see faded/covered-up code that says 11711 (didn’t know about this model until I looked up np3 variance). Could this be 11711 then rebadged to 11707 to become compliant? 

76CADD59-9312-460B-A194-5E0972D8A62A.jpeg

Looks like you hit the jackpot!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Looks like you hit the jackpot!

If true, I would agree u did the jackpot. I noticed that the pins, trigger guard, etc were “silver” in color which they didn’t bother doing for the later ceracote versions. 

edit: if u paid upwards of $5k then that could also be an indicator, bc that’s what ppl are asking nowadays. 

Edited by xblax619

On 8/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, Dkay67 said:

Love those heat shields. While not actually needed, they really do finish out the look perfect 

Those just modified Mossberg shields?

+1. They look great and make handling a shotgun so much easier. I don't enjoy wearing a single glove ala Michael Jackson when a barrel gets to hot to handle. I picked up a plastic Mossberg 930 heat shield, but I'm struggling to figure out how to mount it to the M4/1014 OEM forend in an elegant manner. I have no problem that the heat shield is plastic because a lot of this gun is plastic - including the M4/1014 forend itself.

Speaking of which, the design of that 2-piece plastic M4/1014 forend leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Yeah, I know it works, it's been battle tested, etc, etc, but I would have preferred a more solid design that came with a cool looking heat shield ala the M4-A1. Nothing about the current aftermarket forends impress me other than their high prices. Yikes! 

While a heat shield may not technically be needed, and metallurgy has moved on, it's still interesting to note that the US military felt heat shields were needed for about a 100 years at one point. From this interesting article https://gunsmagazine.com/sponsored/terror-of-the-trenches/ ...

Two hundred M97 shotguns were sent to the Philippines in 1900 for use by John “Black Jack” Pershing’s troops in the Philippine-American War of 1898. The anemic .38-caliber revolvers of the day were relatively ineffective against the fearsome Moro tribesmen who faced American troops. The pump-action 12-gauge, however, was more than adequate to do the job.

The M97 Trench Gun subsequently saw service in WWI, the Irish War of Independence, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and the 1990 Gulf War. It was only in relatively recent years the M97 Trench Gun has been fully supplanted in American military service.

Edited by ThisShouldDoTheJob
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, D'zaster said:

NT, nice set up. The heat shield and fore grip on the M4 are cool. How are these parts attached?

The aluminum heat shield is bolted to the fore grip, 4 bolts down from the top sides. Both parts are from the ATI Raven Forend package. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued, and no longer in production. The other parts of the Raven package were junk.  The stock was too heavy and complex, and the tube extension and tri-rail would not stay tight. The only good parts were the Forend and Heat Shield.  If you can find one, grap it.

For multi-gun competition, I flip the gun upside-down and rest the but stock on my shoulder to reload. Therefore, I need the heat shield to keep from burning my left hand (either that of the MJ single glove).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ruger said:

Tycoon,,how does that extension work? hanging out there so far. does blast gas damage it? how many rounds does it hold?

I have put a few thousand rounds over that extension. Nothing has ever made contact. I do get a bit of carbon build up and just scrape it off at the end of the season.

With the CC tube (7 rnd) and the 3 round extension, I can feed 10 in the tube. When a stage permits, I can start with 12 in the gun: 10 down the tube, 1 in the chamber, and 1 ghost load.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have issues with the bolt release button. If you push it too fast all the way down and hold does the bolt get stuck? Is that normal? If I just push it just enough for the bolt to release I have no issues. Just noticed that if I push it all the way down really fast it causes a malfunction where the bolt gets stuck. 

Does anyone have issues with the bolt release button. If you push it too fast all the way down and hold does the bolt get stuck? Is that normal? If I just push it just enough for the bolt to release I have no issues. Just noticed that if I push it all the way down really fast it causes a malfunction where the bolt gets stuck. 

• 1 month later...

C0F6436E-D22D-48E6-AE72-753395DD6F69.jpeg

Benelli M4 11711

-FFT stainless trigger pack

-Daves metalworks safety

-TTI charging handle

-TTI shell lifter

-GG&G bolt release

-GG&G follower

-Wolf Spring

-Geissele Super 90 Hammer

-IWC QD rear mount

-IWC QD scout mount

-Stippled OEM grip

-Scalar works sync mount RMR

-Trijicon RMR type 2 06

-Blitzkrieg Components Chevron tritium fs

-Limbsaver butt pad

-Diamond D basketweave leather sling

-Robar Np3 collapsible stock and most other internals that were not originally coated (bolt release / shell lifter and safety are the only non np3 parts, I would like to get some of those possibly, especially the bolt release internal part)

-Streamlight tlr1 HL temporarily until I put a Surefire / Modlite or CD reign 2

-potentially future upgrades - ideas - 

• different follower like TTI (I like how that one stuck out more on my prior m4

• Esstac shell holders velcro (I like the idea of extra rounds available on the m4, like the idea of the match saver as well if it could work)

• A&S trigger guard np3 (mostly for aesthetic) 

•Carrier comp titanium tube (probably the best functional upgrade with the weight loss, but also a grip of money for a couple oz's weight savings)

•Cloud Defensive Reign 2.0 clear anodized  /  + possible Trex arms extender mount or Surefire / Modlite

•Maybe a reptilia rmr riser (it is fine as is, I think the small riser would make it perfect)

•MI handguard / Briley (still prefer oem mostly, but sometimes I want a bit more of a grip attachment of some sort for even superior control, and obviously can stick the light out even further 👍 

•would like loading port work done like my previous m4 but not really interested in the np3 finish being tore up also 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

and now I want a shorty entry bad

Edited by brightt
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Well, let the gun match the man. Here's a simple, bare bones version that works for me. I know it doesn't look like it LOL, but I actually learned a ton from this forum in arriving at this version after researching each and every M4/1014 add-on known to man and figuring out what works and doesn't work for me. Many thanks for all the knowledge and insight posted here. The truth be told, in a total fantasy world of course, if the recoil reducing ARGO system could somehow be magically matched to a simple, bare bones Coach Gun, that's the gun I would get.

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

EAF4AD3B-4122-48CB-8554-DC69D71D515E.thumb.JPG.163ec925785edbc3fb816208b9308e7e.JPG

Benelliparts.net Benelli M4/ M1 M2 M3 Undiscouraged Trigger kit and magazine follower 922r package
DMW Benelli M4 1 peice 2 Round Replacement Tube
DMW Benelli Oversized Safety
DMW Tactical Bolt Handle for Benelli M4
Battle Steel Benelli M4 Top-Rail for Holosun HE509T
Benelli M4 Recoil Spring Tube, 3 Position & Retaining Ring
Benelli M4 Aluminum Trigger Guard

Plan to add later:
MI handguard on back order 
Mossberg 500 heat shield on stby 
Aridus Q-DC (have them on my other shotguns and converted a carrier with some aluminum flats to stick a loop strip on to use hook shell cards)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...