Benelli Vinci Light Load issues

CGray97

Recently picked up a vinci on trade. Love everything about the gun as I’ve owned one previously. However, took it out to shoot the other day and ran some light dove loads through it...I’m running into issues here. I ran several sets of 3 shells through the gun. Mostly Remington, a few fiochhi. What I noticed is how slow the bolt closes back after a shot goes off often causing a FTE and failure to feed the next shell and also notice how slow the gun is throwing the shells....I ran a 3” turkey load through it and it did just fine, ejected and locked the bolt back no problem. I’m curious if anyone has experienced this as well? I’ve heard maybe replacing recoil spring? Just seems with the lighter loads they aren’t producing enough power to eject and feed the next shell. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for not knowing all the technical terms.

Edited by CGray97

You’re right. My searched showed some, but they weren’t actually for the Vinci even though they came up. 

Have you thoroughly disassembled and cleaned it? Tension on the hammer feels normal? Any aftermarket modifications done to it including buttpads? Have you tried different lubricants? Do you have an idea of how many rounds have been fired thru it?

11 hours ago, CGray97 said:

Recently picked up a vinci on trade. Love everything about the gun as I’ve owned one previously. However, took it out to shoot the other day and ran some light dove loads through it...I’m running into issues here. I ran several sets of 3 shells through the gun. Mostly Remington, a few fiochhi. What I noticed is how slow the bolt closes back after a shot goes off often causing a FTE and failure to feed the next shell and also notice how slow the gun is throwing the shells....I ran a 3” turkey load through it and it did just fine, ejected and locked the bolt back no problem. I’m curious if anyone has experienced this as well? I’ve heard maybe replacing recoil spring? Just seems with the lighter loads they aren’t producing enough power to eject and feed the next shell. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for not knowing all the technical terms.

What is the velocity (or Dram Eq.) and shot weight of the problematic ammo?