Lead on 7 round tube?

ClackClackBAM

2 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Does anyone have a lead on where I can get a seven round tube these days? I have a CarrierComp on order, but I really don't to wait three months.

You might just call to verify the lead time (if you haven't already). Mine shipped a lot faster than I was expecting. Also, their website only shows a 20-45 day lead time. Not sure if you're ordering something special for a 3 month wait

2 hours ago, TorchRedTulsan said:

You might just call to verify the lead time (if you haven't already). Mine shipped a lot faster than I was expecting. Also, their website only shows a 20-45 day lead time. Not sure if you're ordering something special for a 3 month wait

I did just to confirm the listed timeframe and that's when the owner told me how long the real wait was.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 2:20 PM, ClackClackBAM said:

I did just to confirm the listed timeframe and that's when the owner told me how long the real wait was.

I ordered last week and was told the same thing. While not what I wanted to hear, I appreciate them not overpromising in delivery speed. The time will go quickly and I have a feeling it’s worth the wait. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:47 AM, ClackClackBAM said:

Does anyone have a lead on where I can get a seven round tube these days? I have a CarrierComp on order, but I really don't to wait three months.

@ClackClackBAM I have a 7 round tube on order too. LOL it kinda sucks knowing that you confirmed a 3 month turn away, but I'm going to wait as well.  Now I'm thinking the 20-45 days didn't sound that bad! I ordered the DG finished version.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, mickey d said:

Has anyone used the speed bar for the bolt release? 

Mikey D -

I have the speed bar from Dave's Metal Works.  I actually bought it from Redneck Tactical which still cracks me up today.  It's a "precision" bent piece of metal that is redneck genius.  Kind'a like your wife using your trolling motor to dice-up a bucket full of crawdads to make gumbo!  It works.... .  The biggest draaawback is it is held in place by the right forearm piece and will fall free when you begin to disassemble the gun.  In other words, it's easy to lose.  I tried to lose it many times but the metal clang when it fell on the floor alerted me to go looking for it.

Having said that, it worked and served me very well for years before recently swapping it out for a GG&G assembly with oversized bolt release pad/button.  I did that after my OEM shellstop/bolt release broke. 

It works.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Question- would it be worth keeping the OEM tube once my CC is ready, or should I just sell it?

I'm a little adverse to selling my OEM parts because I consider them spares for the chance I may need 'em.  It is a good way to recoup some funds as you upgrade your M4, but OEM 7 round tubes seem pretty plentiful on GB and ebay.  I guess it can't hurt to post it and see if you get any bites.

10 minutes ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Question- would it be worth keeping the OEM tube once my CC is ready, or should I just sell it?

Based on the market's desire for aftermarket mag tubes, and not factory tubes, I wouldn't count on getting much for it. My plan is to keep all my take-off parts in the event that I ever decide to part ways with the M4.  That way, I can make a factory spec m4, hopefully getting near retail for it, while parting out the aftermarket goodies. IDK how the market's supply usually is with 922r USA parts, but I know it's dry right now. Collapsible stocks are MAD expensive right now. Trigger kits are basically unobtainable...