Lead on 7 round tube?

ClackClackBAM

5 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

I see. Well, maybe I'll just use the factory tube instead. I mean, it's only a 5.5 ounce weight difference, basically two shells. Is it really that noticeable?

@ClackClackBAM Well I just went to the range this evening and tried my M4 for the first time since getting it, and I felt the limitations of a smaller magazine capacity. Personally, I will be overjoyed as soon as I have my Carrier Comp tube on hand!

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2020 at 3:23 PM, Birdog19 said:

Mikey D -

I have the speed bar from Dave's Metal Works.  I actually bought it from Redneck Tactical which still cracks me up today.  It's a "precision" bent piece of metal that is redneck genius.  Kind'a like your wife using your trolling motor to dice-up a bucket full of crawdads to make gumbo!  It works.... .  The biggest draaawback is it is held in place by the right forearm piece and will fall free when you begin to disassemble the gun.  In other words, it's easy to lose.  I tried to lose it many times but the metal clang when it fell on the floor alerted me to go looking for it.

Having said that, it worked and served me very well for years before recently swapping it out for a GG&G assembly with oversized bolt release pad/button.  I did that after my OEM shellstop/bolt release broke. 

It works.

Thanks Birdog. Ordered one and will give it a try. Appreciate your feedback.

So it looks like I might have been premature with ordering that OEM 7 round tube. Spoke with Marcy at CC yesterday and she told me they are about a week away from finishing the batch before mine, so I'll most likely see the tube early to mid-June.

If I were to take it off then repackage it with the CC Wolff spring and CC 922R follower, what could I get for it? Paid $200, so hopefully I won't lose too much.

• 1 month later...

Yup! She called me about a week ago for payment. 
It's delayed a bit because she broke her leg last weekend and needed a few days to get sorted. Spoke with her earlier this week though and she is getting around just fine, thankfully.
The tubes were getting media blasted then coated, so she expects to start shipping close to the end of this week. 

16 minutes ago, ClackClackBAM said:

So it shipped Monday and it’s already out for delivery today! So excited!!

Heck yea! I just got an email from CC saying that it "shipped" too. I couldn't find a tracking number though.  Did you get a tracking number, or does it come later? 

• 2 weeks later...

I paid for mine the 25th, got an email with no tracking number saying it shipped on the 1st, but I still haven't gotten anything. I'm going to send an email to find out what's going on. Seems other people with that time frame already have theirs :(

1 hour ago, IYAAYAS said:

I paid for mine the 25th, got an email with no tracking number saying it shipped on the 1st, but I still haven't gotten anything. I'm going to send an email to find out what's going on. Seems other people with that time frame already have theirs :(

I purchased mine on the 15th of May and just received it in the mail last weekend. I did have to ask for the tracking number, so you might want to reach out. Aviation Ordinance huh? I thought I would escape all the IYAAYAS business lol.