LOP not very adjustable

rhodesengr

So I am learning about fitting shotguns and it seems that in general length of pull is just not very adjustable. Why is that? It's not just Benelli but looking at other relatively high end sporting shotguns, most do not have much LOP adjustment. I have a Super Nova right now and the only way to change the LOP is to change the butt pad. You can only get down to 13.875 and even that requires a part that costs $100. What if 13.875 is still too long? Ethos Sport is the same range.

Am I missing something? Short of getting a model with a pure wood stock that can be cut down, seems that most modern, high tech sporting guns, really don't give you enough LOP range.

Edited by rhodesengr

4 hours ago, RickRope said:

12.5” on a factory synthetic stock, it’s not hard just a little time consuming. I’m 6’ 2” and it’s perfect.

4121BB5D-0898-4123-A939-B3FFB9E597D2.jpeg

582EE80C-A4BF-4DF6-9F4E-C3E36F78C2C8.jpeg

you made it shorter? You cut a section out of the stock? What did you use to cut it? Does your stock have the anti recoil spring in it? There is not much unused space in a Supernova stock. Just back from the end, you get into the recoil spring bolt and one of drop/cats plates.

Edited by rhodesengr

Just finished the field stock as well, I used my miter saw to chop it, the carbide blade makes a nice clean cut.  Then I cut a couple pieces of UHMW and grind them for a semi close fit, I added some grooves in the stock and the new pieces so the devcon plastic steel Locks it all together. I found a nice blem limbsaver on amazon for $20 and fit that today on the field stock LOP came out to 12.75” ran 100 rounds through it this morning In the backyard after I fit the pad. It’s like a new gun.