Is WOLF AMMO Ok to shoot OPINIONS please

AR-BALLISTIC

I 've used Wolf ammo that was EXtremely dirty,,,& some that was extremely clean...I surmise they use a different formula sometimes.. I've used it in converted Saiga 12 sgs that was so bad it left heavy residues in the gas port & piston areas...

I've shot it in my M4 & M3s..with no significant residual....maybe due to the different design in gas systems.I beleive the M4s are designed to be a bit more self cleaning.

I still clean the **** out of em ,tho..after each shooting...

I have 200 rounds of so left of it.

It works ... doesn't seem to pattern that great, but it has never jammed and doesn't seem to be dirtier than other buckshot.

Plus it's clear, so you can see the balls that are about to destroy the target downrange ... I like the visual.

I have never shot wolf shotgun ammo, but I have shot a fair amount of rifle and handgun ammo. It works alright, it is fairly accurate but the quality could be a little beter. My only gripe is that the hollow points some times don't expand and you have to shoot you bunny twice ;) But then, again this is cheap ammo and I am just practicing, I probably would not use this ammo if it were a life and death situation Just my 2 cents worth

I"ve used a ton of Wolf ammo, especially in my SKS. I feel like it is pretty reliable and doesn't seem to corrode more than others. One great thing about Wolf is they have soft primers thus not causing the wear and tear of practice shooting on the firing pin. I have to admitt that I do not hunt with Wolf ammo. The ballastics aren't so great and I reload my own when I am depending on it.

:cool: When You pay alot of money for a weapon and want it too last then why would you shoot cheap ammo. You take your weapon out to the range to sight it in , pattern and ect but you use cheap ammo, why??

Would you use cheap ammo for Defense loads? I wouldnt. One day at a Carbine class a buddy of mine was using wolf ammo. The instructor saw this and said what the **** are you using that stuff for. This instructor has alot of credit behind his classes including teaching at Gunsite in AZ where military and law enforcement attend to train.