Scalarworks Sync with RMR or SRO ?

SnidelyWhiplash

I can’t really tell the difference between the 1moa and the 3.5moa dot. I had put a 1moa RMR on my Gen 5 Glock 34 for when I had to do a NRA pistol instructor qualification. Which is 45 feet, 6” circle, 16 out of 20 rounds inside the circle. 

At this distance, the larger dot took up most of the 6” circle With the 3.5moa. So a smaller dot obstructs the target less, I guess. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:57 PM, StrangerDanger said:

This thread needs pics. A client sent his SRO on a Scalarworks Mount today for his 11721. It sits a little higher than the RMR, so its more forgiving in the middle position of the collapsible stock. Here’s some pictures. 

OluC0W4.jpg
7if33kD.jpg

Zcv3gTp.jpg

9lZhQDc.jpg

in that last pic, is view of the rear ghost ring sight obstructed/blocked by the mount or bottom of the sro itself. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, DFWSFO said:

So, I use a Mesa Tactical side saddle, which replaces the factory pic rail. My Aimpoint Mount is QD.

However, FFT is making a mil-spec factory pic rail replacement that could meet your needs. 

How has your Mesa side saddle held up?

On 2/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, xblax619 said:

in that last pic, is view of the rear ghost ring sight obstructed/blocked by the mount or bottom of the sro itself. 

Sorry, didn’t see the message. 
No direct obstruction of the dot. You’ll just see the aperture and front blade in the bottom 1/3 of the optic’s glass. 

After a few hundred rounds through my M4 with the Syncworks/RMR 3.25MOA, I’m back to report that the combo is just about perfect for me.  Because of my height (I’m very tall) and arm length, the way the fixed stock positions the M4 when shooting puts the RMR dot in the perfect place for me - it’s just a natural fit.  I’m glad I disregarded my initial desire for an Aimpoint T-2, listened to the opinions here (esp.StrangerDanger), and went with the RMR.  That said, I can imagine if you had different proportions, another combo would work better.

BTW - I went with the 3.25MOA dot because, when I ordered the mount/RMR combo, I wasn’t 100% certain that it was going to work for me.  That way, I could detatch the RMR and use it on somthing else (it’s my chosen optic and MOA size for my pistols).  I briefly flirted with the idea of mouting my Aimpoint EXPS3 on the M4, but it was not exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

At nearly 65, I'm about to cross this bridge myself. My old eyeballs just don't work well anymore with irons, though I do still want to cowitness them with whatever combo I end up with.

Primary roll for this shotgun is home defense, so I'm not too worried about sun angles, but I do care about low light situations.

The gun is also fitted with a Mesa Tactical SureShell 8-round sidesaddle carrier, so I want a mount that is compatible with the Picatinny rail. I see that Trijicon sells a Picatinny version of the RMR, but I can't find anything on its ability to cowitness the irons.

The RMR itself comes in several versions, and I'm curious about the LED vs. tritium/fiber options. I really like the idea of not having to depend on a battery, but I've been very unimpressed with MeproLight 34302 tritium night iron sights. They're almost invisible, even in a totally dark room. Is the tritium/fiber version of the RMR bright enough for daylight use, as well as near pitch black? Does it automatically adjust brightness when I hit the button on the Scout flashlight mounted next to the barrel?

Then there are the color options on the RMR: red, green, or amber. I can't find any local to look at for  myself, and I wonder if any of you folks have seen the RMR Dual-Illuminated Reflex Sight?

What about the shape of the dot: traditional round dot or triangular? For short range defensive shooting, not sure there's be much difference?

Finally, there's the size of the dot. The smallest seems to be 7 MOA, and it ranges up to a 12.9. I think I read somewhere that the Marines ended up with 9 MOA. Any thoughts there?

Seems like this choice is more complicated that it should be...:confused: