CarrierComp Mag Tube Weight Savings

DFWSFO

I have an M4 that came with a factory 7 round tube and, now that I have an FFT/Wolff spring in it, holds 7 rounds of my preferred 2 3/4 shells. 

That being said, every pound matters on these guns. I’m wondering if weight savings of the CarrierComp tube are actually noticeable over the factory tube. I’ve often found that scales can say one thing, but practical use says another. 

What’s the experience of the group? 

Attached excel spreadsheet reflect the weights I've compiled for accessories that I have installed, had installed and have been contemplating.  The reduction column shows items I've added or swapped out on my M4.  The biggest weight gain is the addition of a Scout light and the biggest savings was replacing the Mesa side saddle shell holder w/ a velcro Vang Comp system and swapping out the Nordic 7 round tube with a CC tube.

Your actual weight savings may vary!

Hope this helps!

M4 Accessory Weights.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Birdog, thanks for posting that weight list, good info. You might want to add my Socomguy 4130 (thinwall) steel tube, only weighs 8.8 oz. I wonder whit kind of "pipe" the other heavy steel tube is made of? 

This from an old post here when the subject of weight came up … 

Like was said , this topic comes up once and a while... here is the dope. Steel (my 4130 Cr-Mo steel FL tube) 8.8 oz , with a full 7 rds = 23.8 oz. TI tube about 5.7 oz , with a full 7 rds = 20.7 oz. If you want a quality steel one , I have a couple ready to ship [email protected]om                  Joe

Joe 

On 5/13/2020 at 4:55 PM, Birdog19 said:

Attached excel spreadsheet reflect the weights I've compiled for accessories that I have installed, had installed and have been contemplating.  The reduction column shows items I've added or swapped out on my M4.  The biggest weight gain is the addition of a Scout light and the biggest savings was replacing the Mesa side saddle shell holder w/ a velcro Vang Comp system and swapping out the Nordic 7 round tube with a CC tube.

Your actual weight savings may vary!

Hope this helps!

M4 Accessory Weights.xlsx 10.1 kB · 22 downloads

Thanks for doing this.  Excellent info!