LimbSaver AirTech for Collapsible Stock?

ClackClackBAM

How meaningful is the difference between Airtech and non-Airtech pads? I’ve ran a ton of full power slugs through mine (and this is my first shotgun) and I find it to be incredibly manageable from a recoil perspective. That’s with the stock “hockey puck” of a pad on the collapsible stock. 

If it were me, I’d just get the 10403 and call it a day. 

9 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I agree with DFWSFO. The Airtech is marginally better, but you'll get most of the performance with the classic fit.

Gotcha.

Well I can handle the recoil as is but I still wouldn't mind a softer pad. If I were to order the 10403, I wouldn't need to drill anything or limit the movement of my stock, right?

The 10403 will still need a hole drilled into the base to allow the receiver extension to pass thru if you want to still use the fully collapsed position of the stock. The standard pads are less reliant on an air cavity to perform. 

You’ll also need some fasteners. You’ll want M4 0.7mm thread pitch x 8mm in length. Preferably an Allen head machine screw. You should be able to find them at a local hardware store. You’ll need two of them and they usually under a dollar each. 

I’m sure it doesn’t help it. Drilling the hole compromises one of the internal chambers. However the classic pads rely mostly on the rubber to absorb the recoil where as the Airtech rely more on the pressurized cavity. It still cuts perceived recoil by 25-40% with the hole.

Limbsaver claims 70%, but not in my experience. 

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

I’m sure it doesn’t help it. Drilling the hole compromises one of the internal chambers. However the classic pads rely mostly on the rubber to absorb the recoil where as the Airtech rely more on the pressurized cavity. It still cuts perceived recoil by 25-40% with the hole.

Limbsaver claims 70%, but not in my experience. 

Hmm.. well even when shooting 3" magnums this gun isn't as bad as I thought. A 25-40% reduction from that will still be a noticeable difference. I think I'll go for it