Ordering M1014 from online retailer?

geno0506

So, It's the new guy again,

Hope I don't sound too dumb ?!

I just ordered a 11701/M1014 online throw the sales rep from SCOPELIST.COM!  After I got around 10% off the total OTD,  after the shipped and taxed price!!

I spoke with the rep for a while and asked a gazillion questions and I'm sure he got tired of me!   My main concern is that its factory fresh in the box and never fired or handled by anyone but Benelli!  I had bought a Benelli M4 bask in 2015 but had to sell it, but I bought it at then GainderMountain locally and the box was torn and old and they has it on displayed which seems all local retailers do, none new in the box in stock!  I assume they order from Benelli direct and hopefully it will be a factory fresh in the box unit!

I will have to have it sent to Bass Pro or local gun-shop, it's just I dont trust the local retailer being they might take mine out of the box and show it to customers before I have a chance to pick it up!

Any pointers and help, thanks a lot!  ?

Michael in Texas!

PS, yah think this model is a good choice being I'll use it to plink at the range and for HD!   I know it's a fixed modified choke so I can't use other chokes, so can I still fire different loads and slugs throw it!

https://www.scopelist.com/Benelli-M1014.aspx?LineItemId=cc4bda5c-4bfa-4ac4-9f9d-425192f2bb29

Buying online shouldn't be a problem. Mine came off Gunbroker from an FFL in Illinois and shipped to my favorite LGS in PA. He unpacked and checked it in while I was there. It was exactly as advertised, factory packaged waiting to be assembled.

If your concerned that your LGS will be showing it to people your using the wrong LGS. Get the tracking number, track it and contact the LGS when it has arrived telling them you are on your way.

20 minutes ago, CobraBG said:

Buying online shouldn't be a problem. Mine came off Gunbroker from an FFL in Illinois and shipped to my favorite LGS in PA. He unpacked and checked it in while I was there. It was exactly as advertised, factory packaged waiting to be assembled.

If your concerned that your LGS will be showing it to people your using the wrong LGS. Get the tracking number, track it and contact the LGS when it has arrived telling them you are on your way.

Thanks for the reply, yes I may choose a small mom and pop gun shop local for the FFL!

A local small time FFL or even an at home one would be best. I hold an FFL myself to facilitate transfers, mainly for gunsmithing. They'll be a lot less likely to mess with it. The hardest part is to get your FFL to link up with the person you purchased it from to get a copy of their license transferred to get shipping going. FFL to FFL transfer. Then your FFL will do the 4473 on you.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

A local small time FFL or even an at home one would be best. I hold an FFL myself to facilitate transfers, mainly for gunsmithing. They'll be a lot less likely to mess with it. The hardest part is to get your FFL to link up with the person you purchased it from to get a copy of their license transferred to get shipping going. FFL to FFL transfer. Then your FFL will do the 4473 on you.

Thanks for the great info, I’ll do exactly that!

I love your screen name ? I remember telling my girls that and still do, ones 27 and other 34, they still get a kick outa it!

Edited by geno0506
Add info