CARLSONS - BERETTA/BENELLI TACTICAL BREECHER MUZZLE BRAKE

Kyuss

It is really just an extended and ported choke tube with wicked looking teeth on the end. The “no slugs” comes from it being an “Extra Full” constriction. Carlson also marketed a Cylinder constriction tube in the same style that was OK with any shell type. Both are showing "out of stock" at Brownells and Carlsons

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Pack Rat said:

If you're breaching doors a breacher choke might be somewhat useful (but definitely not necessary) to get that done. I'm not convinced there's any positive benefits to these things but that's just my point of view.

I know it isn't necessary, but it is something I would like, for various reasons.  I didn't post this to debate the necessity of it...  I appreciate your opinion though!

5 hours ago, Kyuss said:

I know it isn't necessary, but it is something I would like, for various reasons.  I didn't post this to debate the necessity of it...  I appreciate your opinion though!

You asked for "thoughts". I'm not judging you bro. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" they say. There's no debating that fact.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, Pack Rat said:

You asked for "thoughts". I'm not judging you bro. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" they say. There's no debating that fact.

True.  The main reason I am interested in it is the brake.  The breaching aspect of it is just a plus.  What is your opinion on the muzzle brake?

Nothing wrong with recoil management. If it works for you and gives you an advantage then it's a worthy piece of kit for you. I believed my m4 needed a weight loss plan. I waited with baited breath for a CC titanium tube to show up in the mail. I appreciate the difference in how the weapon handles. I personally have no reason for a break (but would love to find a flush Teague titanium choke stateside). Porting the Barrell has also crossed my mind a time or two.

I've been trying to shave weight on an m4 and SCAR 17 lately (due to scoliosis induced back pain )so my opinion is admitadly bias in favor of the "pounds equal pain" argument.

M4s are hella fun to build up. We all want to ours to serve our own specific purpose and intent. Godspeed with your build brother. If you get one please review it in regards to performance & muzzle climb.

10 hours ago, Pack Rat said:

Nothing wrong with recoil management. If it works for you and gives you an advantage then it's a worthy piece of kit for you. I believed my m4 needed a weight loss plan. I waited with baited breath for a CC titanium tube to show up in the mail. I appreciate the difference in how the weapon handles. I personally have no reason for a break (but would love to find a flush Teague titanium choke stateside). Porting the Barrell has also crossed my mind a time or two.

I've been trying to shave weight on an m4 and SCAR 17 lately (due to scoliosis induced back pain )so my opinion is admitadly bias in favor of the "pounds equal pain" argument.

M4s are hella fun to build up. We all want to ours to serve our own specific purpose and intent. Godspeed with your build brother. If you get one please review it in regards to performance & muzzle climb.

Will do. For the price, I think I may pick it up. I'm gonna do a little more pondering on it, but I will most certainly reply back to this thread on my findings. Thanks for your insight and good luck on your weight loss goals!  

On 5/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, DFWSFO said:

@Kyuss FYI the preorder is open on Benelli Parts for the muzzle brake. 

Yeah, I saw that. It's my luck...  I'll try this one out. If I hate it, I will try and recoup some of the money I paid for it, selling it and try the Benelli one once it comes available again. Good looking out though!  Thank you. 

I have the Carlsons 84130 (Cylinder) on the way. I ordered it a few weeks ago with some other chokes and at that time they were out. But they called a few days ago to say some had come in and they were ready to ship. If you have never dealt with Carlsons (choketube.com), they are a great outfit. Phone calls to check you ordered the right thing, nice printed color catalog, etc. Lots of others resell their stuff too.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CobraBG said:

Thanks for the info... that looks sinister. Is it suitable for both 00 buck and slugs? I'm interested to know if you think it makes a difference as a compensator vs. just a cool looking breaching tool. Let us know.

I am taking it out next week to shoot. It is rated to handle any type of shot. I will have to let you know as far as the compensator is concerned. But I am guessing that it will work like any other type of muzzle brake. 

11 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

It looks absolutely badass. Can it shoot slugs though?

*edit- it cannot shoot slugs. Like it but I'll pass. 

yes if you buy the Cylinder version. The part number I quoted is the Cylinder version that fits a Super Nova. If you post what model you have, i can help with the correct part number. For Super Nova, it comes in Cyl or Extra Full. You can not shoot slug with the Extra Full.

15 hours ago, rhodesengr said:

yes if you buy the Cylinder version. The part number I quoted is the Cylinder version that fits a Super Nova. If you post what model you have, i can help with the correct part number. For Super Nova, it comes in Cyl or Extra Full. You can not shoot slug with the Extra Full.

Oh good call! I've got an M4, so it would need to be Cyl.

4 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Oh good call! I've got an M4, so it would need to be Cyl.

looks like M4 uses the "Benelli Standard" type choke. In that case the tactical cylinder choke would be the same part number I bought. #84130 on choketube.com

You can double check by removing the choke supplied and following this:
https://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-help-R.php?Which-Beretta-Benelli-Choke-System-is-Right-6

Standard Beretta/Benelli (Ber/Ben) Mobil Choke: - It can be identified by measuring flush mount choke tube.  The flush mount chokes in this system are 2” long and have threads located at the muzzle end of the choke (top of choke where choke notches are.)