What kind of ammo do you use for fun stuff?

ClackClackBAM

Hey all, this is my first time really using a shotgun for "plinking" and I was wondering what, if any, types of ammunition you prefer. I picked up a decent amount Federal of 2 3/4" slugs and buckshot but I'm looking for shells that aren't quite as expensive. Main targets will be paper and AR500 plates. And the occasional two liter soda bottle.

Thank you for your suggestions!

I dont know if you have them in the US but i like Baschieri&Pellagri active slugs and target slugs. The active slugs have a coating of somesort to prevent lead fouling and they are cheap to buy at 0.75 usd a piece. 

https://www.baschieri-pellagri.com/en/catalogo_tiro/cartucce+da+tiro/1/1/12.aspx

(cant link them directly but here is the list of competition cartridges from B&P) 

• Upvote 1

Target Rounds for trap or Sporting Clays. Federal Top Gun, Remington Gun Club, etc. Typically comes in 7.5,8, and 9 birdshot. $6-$10  per box of 25. Find a local Trap range and shoot there. More fun I think than shooting static targets. Even if you have a short barrel tactical style, you can still shoot trap. You won't hit as many maybe. I see guys with all manner of tactical versions showing up to function their guns. 

• Upvote 1

Appreciate the suggestion! I used to shoot trap with my 725 Citori so I'll probably avoid taking the M4 out there, but the SBE3 would do a good job. Plus give me some tracking practice for when I eventually go duck hunting with it.

I'll probably use those loads for plinking around though. They generally destroy a soda bottle pretty well haha